Title of Saints Super Bowl and Katrina Footage Film (1 Viewer)

Rorrior

Rookie
Reaction score
Years ago I watched this tear dropping film of our Saints season and super bowl victory. What made the footage so touching was that it also touched deeply into the Katrina disaster, I remember the footage gave a lot of insight into the entire crisis in New Orleans. The entire film came together leading to the Saints winning the Super Bowl. I've been trying to find the name of this film for a few years now. My fiance is a converted who dat. I would love for her to be able to watch the same film so she can understand why I love my City and love my saints!

Just a couple of guesses....

Spike Lee's "When the Levees Broke"

or what I really think you're looking for:

If God is Willing and da Creek Don’t Rise (2010)

A few years after When the Levees Broke, Lee – taking his inspiration from Michael Apted’s Up series, which revisits the same people every seven years – returned to the Big Easy to follow up with many of his prior film’s subjects. What he discovered was a complicated portrait of both despair and hope, the former sparked by public housing projects failures and tales of police brutality, and the latter created by a court ruling about culpability for the levees’ failures, as well as by the emergence of the Saints, the NFL’s perennial losers, as Super Bowl XLIV champions.

I think you're thinking of our episode of "America's Game" which covers the season of each Super Bowl winning team.

Do you remember how long the show was and what channel it was on if you watched on TV?

It had to be about 4 years ago when I watched this film... It was more about the Saints season. Could have been their road to the super bowl but it had a lot of katrina footage

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom