Titus Young cut by the Rams already! (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Titus Young's short-lived career with the St. Louis Rams is now over.

Rams coach Jeff Fished announced on Friday that the wide reciever will be waived just 10 days after joining the team.

"We will be waiving Titus today, so he will no longer be on our roster," Fisher said in a news conference.

Titus Young to be waived by St. Louis Rams - NFL.com

Whoa, that was fast.

I don't know how the guy will play football again. Thank goodness he'll never come close to this team.

I already knew he was a basket case when he made the statement that he was a better receiver then Calvin Johnson.

But some desperate team will probably still sign him.

I assume this has more to do with the hiring of the Lions DB coach as their new DC than anything else.

While he does seem like a nut job, I wouldn't mind us looking into him. Good veteran leadership can do wonders for a young kid like him and he is coming from the least disciplined team in the league.

That's not going to bode well for him or look good on the old resume.

While he does seem like a nut job, I wouldn't mind us looking into him. Good veteran leadership can do wonders for a young kid like him and he is coming from the least disciplined team in the league.

nah, we don't need him. I don't think you get cut after 10 days unless they see something that promises to be cryptonite to your team chemistry.

He still won't completely clear waivers. The Dolphins, Panthers or Bengals will go after him.

However at $908,662 for 1 year he's a low risk high reward signing that I would not mind in New Orleans one bit.

And you know Sean and Mickey would show him the door just as quickly if he showed anything to make them worry.

Edit: I didn't say I actually wanted the guy! :smilielol:

nah, we don't need him. I don't think you get cut after 10 days unless they see something that promises to be cryptonite to your team chemistry.

Like i said, it was most likely the bad blood between young and their new DC who was a coach for the lions. I highly doubt he did anything new in the 5 days since he has been signed. It shouldnt be surprising that a team would be willing to cut an experiment player in order to secure the signing of a new coordinator.

The report I read made it sound like they interviewed him extensively over 5 of the 9 days and I guess they just didn't like where his head was to even risk 900k.

Like i said, it was most likely the bad blood between young and their new DC who was a coach for the lions. I highly doubt he did anything new in the 5 days since he has been signed. It shouldnt be surprising that a team would be willing to cut an experiment player in order to secure the signing of a new coordinator.

you do realize the lions staff is all fishers coaching tree. i dont think that was the specific cause as fisher should have had some insight into this issue and known he was interviewing a lion as well.

more than likely he either blew off some meetings or scoffed at the idea of earning a spot (as he thinks hes the best receiver in the league)

From the outhouse to the penthouse.....and back to the outhouse again!

Bumpy ride for Titus!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom