Titus Young (1 Viewer)

Can he play DE? We've got enough receivers for two teams! Morgan and Toon haven't even been implemented yet. Defense should be priority!

We shouldn't draft or sign a receiver for three years. Look at who all we have...

Veterans: Henderson, Colston, Moore, Roby
Young Blood: Morgan, Toon, Tanner
Alternatives: Sproles, PT, Graham, D. Thomas, Collins, Cadet

That's seven wide receivers and plenty of supplementary alternatives to the group as it is. There's no need for a "burner" WR, no need for another pass-catching tight end, and certainly no need for a head case yuppie with such a bad attitude that he got cut from the friggin' Lions. STOP SUGGESTING THINGS LIKE THIS

he needs to go somewhere he can get all the balls he wants. i think the schweddy bakery would be a good place for him.

We shouldn't draft or sign a receiver for three years. Look at who all we have...

Veterans: Henderson (Free Agent), Colston, Moore, Roby (How many balls has he caught since he entered the league?)
Young Blood: Morgan (Speedy and unproven), Toon (Hasn't played a down. Coming off an injury), Tanner (Who??)
Alternatives: Sproles , PT, Graham, D. Thomas, Collins, Cadet

That's seven wide receivers and plenty of supplementary alternatives to the group as it is. There's no need for a "burner" WR, no need for another pass-catching tight end, and certainly no need for a head case yuppie with such a bad attitude that he got cut from the friggin' Lions. STOP SUGGESTING THINGS LIKE THIS

So I ask again, with Henderson having lost a step and being a FA, who is the #2 Wideout? We don't have one. Maybe one of the young guys steps up. Maybe. But for such a low risk, why not claim the guy? If he comes into camp and still acts like a headache, you cut him! And all you've lost is a little salary money and a few weeks of training.

So I ask again, with Henderson having lost a step and being a FA, who is the #2 Wideout? We don't have one. Maybe one of the young guys steps up. Maybe. But for such a low risk, why not claim the guy? If he comes into camp and still acts like a headache, you cut him! And all you've lost is a little salary money and a few weeks of training.

I don't think anyone will claim Titus. That said there would be nothing wrong with bringing him in for a look-see after he clears. We have a strong enough core between our players and coaches were I wouldn't worry about him--if Payton and Loomis decide he's worth a try. Many people around here were clamoring for us to draft him and his talent is still very much clear. We need to spend what little cap space we have and draft picks on improving our historically bad defense, so finding bargains for our offense is going to be very important.

No. Terrible Attitude. Didn't seem like a hard worker. Stafford throws the ball as much as Brees does, so it's not like the Lions weren't airing it out.

Seriously though, that kid has a serious problem and he sounds like he could care less if he has an NFL career.

From what I read, it's not just immaturity...it may be actual psychological issues requiring the help of proffessional mental health. I don't care how good our locker room is, he is not going to get that here.

I'd be embarrassed if the saints signed him, it reaks of desperation made by a poorly run franchise, which I believe we are not. I have faith our talent dept can find a player of equal caliber without the baggage.

No thanks. We need to have a better WR if we going to get one. He is not a team player, so pass.
Team always come first.

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying we should target Titus. And I'm not specifically picking on the guy I'm quoting.

But there is this school of that that because we spread the ball around so much, we don't really need a ball hawking, sniper elite reciever (I know the phrases aren't applicable, I think it sounds awesome all the same), that he'd throw off our offense somehow.

Yet, doesn't it occur that maybe the reason we spread the ball around so much is simply because we've never had a sniper elite, ball hawking reciever that gets seperation? Like the result and the cause along with the how and the why of our offense have been mixed around.

I mean, the moment we had an elite tight end or a guy out the backfield, Brees constantly goes to Sproles and Graham. We've got really good recievers, but closest we've had to elite is Colston.
Nah i pointed out that we spread the ball simply because the guy wants ALL the balls, nothing more

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom