TLSK's Pre-Combine Saints Mock (1 Viewer)

tlsk1066

"Landøyðan" - Land Waster
Reaction score
First, I though I'd give it a try. Felt like going in a different direction than most mocks.

As far as FA goes, I think we'll make enough room via out right cuts and restructures to be able to make a decent move or two. This Mock presupposes we pick up Michael Johnson at OLB and lose Bushrod at OT.

Also, I used CBS NFL Draft as a basis to keep this mock as realistic as a mock can be before the combine and pro days.
NFL Draft - 2013 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Rd. 1: Lane Johnson - OT -U of OK

I really like the natural athleticism that Lane processes. For as big of a guy as he is, he moves incredibly well. Will come in and start day one. Really like the fact that he was a TE at one point early in his career. Could see him slipping out uncovered on goal to go packages and catching a TD, that sneaky Sean Payton. I know we build our line from inside out, and a lot of you say we don’t take OL early, but it’s time we give Drew Brees some real protection and have a guy that can bridge the gap between Drew and his eventual replacement a few years down the road.

Rd. 3 Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

6 4, 200 LBS, Physical. The problem is inconsistency. Raw guy that needs coaching up. Probably will beast up the combine and may not be available at Rd. 3, but if he is, he’s a steal alas Jimmy Graham.

Rd. 4 Blidi Wreh Wilson CB Connecticut

I’ll be honest here, didn’t watch a single UCONN game all year. But I did see him live at the Senior Bowl, and when he had position on the WR, he looked really good. Apparently not a burner, but he looked real smooth and comfortable in coverage. Plus, he’s a big physical corner.

Rd. 5 Kwame Geathers NT Georgia

Depth, depth, depth. Bunkley is the starter, but he will need to be spelled. He’ll need coaching up, but I think he’ll be a nice addition and allow for our ILB’s to make plays

Rd. 6 Michael Buchannan OLB Illinois

I love this guy. A little undisciplined but he is quick! Watched him run down Stepfan Taylor from the other side of the field. Not sure why CBS has him as a 6th rdr, but I’ll take it!

Rd. 7 Joseph Fauria TE UCLA

He could go UDFA and he isn’t known for blocking skillz, but I can’t pass him up. In a Madden World, imagine if you will a 4 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB set with Colston, Hunter, Graham, Fauria, with Spoles leaking out the back field.

Feel Free to flame on!

The Bengals have the most cap space of any team in the NFL, if I remember correctly. Why or how would they let their best defensive player leave via free-agency? I don't think that it is even a remote possibility.

Not bad. I like Johnson if he falls, or Chris Faulk or Abushi from Virginia in the 3-4.

I don't see us going WR unless it's round 5-7 and honestly we've gone 0-2 on Tennessee WR's. Stalworth and Meachem were 1st round picks that just couldn't get it done. I'm leary of UT WR's but that's just me.

The Bengals have the most cap space of any team in the NFL, if I remember correctly. Why or how would they let their best defensive player leave via free-agency? I don't think that it is even a remote possibility.

In the words of KG: "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!"

I would LOVE to have Lane Johnson in the first. I think we will lose Bushrod, which I don't think is much of a loss. This would be perfect. An adding Michael Johnson?? Fuggetabouit. May the Johnsons prevail!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom