TMQ - Sept 22 (1 Viewer)

Buickman

Super Forum Fanatic
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
**Warning** - It looks like his weekly article is only partially done. I'm sure it'll be updated later with his usual cheerleader pics.

Stats of the Week No. 1: Drew Brees is on pace to throw 72 touchdown passes this season. The NFL record, held by Tom Brady, is 50.

Stats of the Week No. 2: New Orleans is on pace to score 744 points this season. The NFL record, held by New England, is 589.

Sweet Play of the Week No. 1: On the first New Orleans touchdown in Philadelphia -- by the way, the Saints already have 12 touchdowns this season -- Reggie Bush lined up wide right, then went in deep motion left. Drew Brees faked a toss to Bush, while the Saints' left tackle and left guard pulled left ahead of Bush. All the Eagles bought this fake; Brees rolled out right and hit Marques Colston for a touchdown on a down-and-out. Colston would later make another catch for a touchdown with 43 seconds remaining in the first half, when he was inexplicably single-covered deep, with no safety in sight, despite Philadelphia having six men in coverage against three receivers. It is, shall we say, SUPER-ULTRA-OBVIOUS that Philadelphia's defensive weakness is rookie free safety Macho Harris, who simply stood like topiary on about the 10-yard line on this play -- the Eagles may end up regretting showing the door to Brian Dawkins.

Saints-Eagles Note 1: A deflected Kevin Kolb pass was spiraling toward New Orleans' Anthony Hargrove, who had a likely interception. As the ball arrived, Philadelphia guard Max Jean-Gilles shoved Hargrove in the chest, knocking the pass down. A guard gets credited for a pass defensed! Saints-Eagles Note 2: New Orleans was called for running into the kicker on a made field goal. Andy Reid declined the penalty, keeping the three points on the board; the penalty would have made it fourth-and-goal on the New Orleans 2. When you're playing the high-scoring Saints, field goals will not get it done, and Philadelphia went on to lose by 26. Saints-Eagles Note 3: Once again, Bush waved the ball in the air before crossing the goal line. The football gods punish this sort of thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/090922&sportCat=nfl

Saints-Eagles Note 3: Once again, Bush waved the ball in the air before crossing the goal line. The football gods punish this sort of thing.

Yes...this bothered me. Flair is not that important.

i took bush extending the ball as a step to ensure the touchdown, not a style move or anything like that.

To me it didn't look like he was showboating or anything. It looked as though he threw both his arms up in order to keep his balance. Am I the only one that saw it that way?

I think he just does stuff like that without thinking...I'd prefer to see the ball in his stomach a whole lot more.

How often do you hear of a safety compared to topiary? I don't think Bullocks even ever earned that honor.

I thought he did it to move the ball as far away from the defender as possible. The defender swatted at the ball near the goal line, and it looked like Reggie was trying to keep from getting stripped. It didn't bother me.

Reggie does do that move quite often and it is a bit annoying seeing that he is not more careful with the ball especially with his recent fumbles/muffs.

To me it didn't look like he was showboating or anything. It looked as though he threw both his arms up in order to keep his balance. Am I the only one that saw it that way?

Probably not, but then I didn't see it as showboating, either. Just that he was really happy. After pass-blocking all game, he finally got a between the tackles break away run for a TD. And I do mean breakaway - if the line of scrimmage was at our own 5 and Philly (for some reason) ran the same defensive package/formation, Reggie would have himself a 95-yard TD run.

Edit: oh, and him holding the ball out like that before crossing the goal-line made me really nervous.

How often do you hear of a safety compared to topiary? I don't think Bullocks even ever earned that honor.

Haha..only on TMQ

Bullocks was more like sedentary.

Reggie does do that move quite often and it is a bit annoying seeing that he is not more careful with the ball especially with his recent fumbles/muffs.

He was obviously stretching the ball out to cross the goal line. The only people who saw something different are people who are looking for something to critique him on, yet again.

You know what else bothers me about Reggie Bush? Quite often after he comes out of the game he breathes super heavy. As if he has a right to inhale as much air as he wants. Makes me sick. All style and no substance. Deuce never pulled that stunt.

Probably not, but then I didn't see it as showboating, either. Just that he was really happy. After pass-blocking all game, he finally got a between the tackles break away run for a TD. And I do mean breakaway - if the line of scrimmage was at our own 5 and Philly (for some reason) ran the same defensive package/formation, Reggie would have himself a 95-yard TD run.[/I]

And he's the only HB we have who's capable of that.

You know what else bothers me about Reggie Bush? Quite often after he comes out of the game he breathes super heavy. As if he has a right to inhale as much air as he wants. Makes me sick. All style and no substance. Deuce never pulled that stunt.

Geez. I see that you obviously have to fall on one side or the other around here about Reggie.

Is it possible to be a Reggie supporter and still find the occassional critique about him?

It's an absolute fact that Reggie tends to get celebratory just before reaching the end zone. Now, other players do it too at times and it bothers me just as much.

It got freaking mentioned in a national publication and a few people chime in on it and here comes the Reggie police.

It doesn't make you any better of a fan for calling out others who are critical. There are two sides to the argument about this player and you don't necessarily have to fall on one or the other at all times.

My opinion: some things Reggie does are unique and critical to the team's success. Other things he does are detrimental and aggravate me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom