TMZ Reports.. Kobe Bryant Killed In Crash!!! RIP KOBE! May god watch over your family! You and Gigi will always be loved! (1 Viewer)

Proofreading is always the second thing to go.

We know what you were trying to type.......Madmyrtle. Lol

Read this interesting satellite image of the crash article:

Satellite Image: Shelf Cloud Along Tall Cloud Front Caused Kobe Bryant’s Pilot To Become Disoriented And Crash Into Hillside

It says that shelf clouds cannot be predicted, because they don't form until they get into the canyon. The pilot was blinded by the shelf cloud, which caused his confusion. Had the pilot continued on straight, in 30 seconds he would have been through the cloud and on his way to Thousand Oaks and the tournament.

Also, the memorial will be at Staples Center for all of the victims, on 2/24/2020. (2 for Gigi & 24 for Kobe.)

We know what you were trying to type.......Madmyrtle. Lol

Read this interesting satellite image of the crash article:

Satellite Image: Shelf Cloud Along Tall Cloud Front Caused Kobe Bryant’s Pilot To Become Disoriented And Crash Into Hillside

It says that shelf clouds cannot be predicted, because they don't form until they get into the canyon. The pilot was blinded by the shelf cloud, which caused his confusion. Had the pilot continued on straight, in 30 seconds he would have been through the cloud and on his way to Thousand Oaks and the tournament.

Also, the memorial will be at Staples Center for all of the victims, on 2/24/2020. (2 for Gigi & 24 for Kobe.)
That is some high level bullshirt in that article

That is some high level bullshirt in that article

Thanks!!! ?. I was hoping some of the pilots would give their opinion, since most of us don’t know up from down about flying! ???

Yeah, I don't think you can tell a lot about specific, localized cloud/fog conditions by looking at a satellite.

Thanks!!! ?. I was hoping some of the pilots would give their opinion, since most of us don’t know up from down about flying! ???
The fact is that it's likely the official report will find that the pilot became disoriented and flew his aircraft into the ground. But until they check and test all possibilities, no one can say for sure.
The fact that so many are wanting to give their take on the cause of this crash is an indication of how badly people want an answer to Kobe's death.

A lot of things seem to be obvious here, but the process still has to completed.

There’s a good YouTube video about how quickly things can go south when you lose visuals:

They say on average a pilot has 178 seconds to live once you enter dense fog like this. This is without training on instruments.

The scary thing is just not knowing where the copter is going. It’s easy for us to think we would know. Right? You’d feel it going to far right or left. To far down or up. But when you lose all visuals and chopper keeps gaining speed - you have no idea.

The scariest thing still has to be the last couple seconds. When they did break the cloud layer. What they likely saw was the angle of the land covering most of the front window. Meaning they were approaching terrain at a devastating angle and were beyond repair.

I fly in helicopters a lot. Fog is a huge issue, especially this time of year. I have been through this quite a few times, where visibility was okay at take-off, then all of a sudden deteriorated to zero-zero. Can't say I've had any actual close calls, but I've heard stories and seen the aftermath of the worst case scenario.

I am an operational meteorologist and I take manual observations for an international airport and brief helicopter crews on a daily basis in northern Afghanistan, however I have refrained from commenting on this as it hits too close to home. I was on my vacation in the states when this happened and was sick to my stomach listening to the pilot and ATC interact while seeing the current weather conditions throughout the conversation.

The hardest concept for forecasters to understand is that our forecast does not cancel their mission, whatever that mission is. It is on the pilot or commander of that mission to assume the risk involved. We as forecasters have to provide the most accurate forecast to arm the pilots with actionable information to make an educated decision to assume the risk or not.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The family of the late Kobe Bryant has agreed to a $28.5 million settlement with Los Angeles County to resolve the remaining claims in a lawsuit over deputies and firefighters sharing grisly photos of the NBA star, his 13-year-old daughter and other victims killed in a 2020 helicopter crash, attorneys and court filings said Tuesday.

The figure includes a newly agreed upon payment from the county of $13.5 million along with the $15 million a federal jury awarded Bryant’s widow, Vanessa Bryant, at a trial in August.

The agreement resolves any future claims by Bryant’s three surviving daughters, related issues pending in state court, and other costs. A proposed settlement order, which a judge must approve, was filed Tuesday in federal court.

“Today marks the successful culmination of Mrs. Bryant’s courageous battle to hold accountable those who engaged in this grotesque conduct,” Bryant’s attorney Luis Li said in a statement. “She fought for her husband, her daughter, and all those in the community whose deceased family were treated with similar disrespect.”

Mira Hashmall, the attorney representing LA County, called the statement “fair and reasonable” adding, “We hope Ms. Bryant and her children continue to heal from their loss.”…….

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The family of the late Kobe Bryant has agreed to a $28.5 million settlement with Los Angeles County to resolve the remaining claims in a lawsuit over deputies and firefighters sharing grisly photos of the NBA star, his 13-year-old daughter and other victims killed in a 2020 helicopter crash, attorneys and court filings said Tuesday.

The figure includes a newly agreed upon payment from the county of $13.5 million along with the $15 million a federal jury awarded Bryant’s widow, Vanessa Bryant, at a trial in August.

The agreement resolves any future claims by Bryant’s three surviving daughters, related issues pending in state court, and other costs. A proposed settlement order, which a judge must approve, was filed Tuesday in federal court.

“Today marks the successful culmination of Mrs. Bryant’s courageous battle to hold accountable those who engaged in this grotesque conduct,” Bryant’s attorney Luis Li said in a statement. “She fought for her husband, her daughter, and all those in the community whose deceased family were treated with similar disrespect.”

Mira Hashmall, the attorney representing LA County, called the statement “fair and reasonable” adding, “We hope Ms. Bryant and her children continue to heal from their loss.”…….
Thanks for the update. I'm glad Vanessa and other families were able to get some slight remedy for this tragedy. It does nothing to ease thier anguish but only hold those responsible accountable.

I know how they feel in some way. My 33 year old sister's life was tragically taken by the most abusive and medical negligence possible. Those actions lead to her Cardiac arrest and subsequent complete frying of her brain in mid January. Right now we as a family are in the process of suing the hospital. But nothing will ever ease the pain

@Optimus Prime I'm surprised you remembered this thread. Thanks again so much for the update

Thanks for the update. I'm glad Vanessa and other families were able to get some slight remedy for this tragedy. It does nothing to ease thier anguish but only hold those responsible accountable.

I know how they feel in some way. My 33 year old sister's life was tragically taken by the most abusive and medical negligence possible. Those actions lead to her Cardiac arrest and subsequent complete frying of her brain in mid January. Right now we as a family are in the process of suing the hospital. But nothing will ever ease the pain

@Optimus Prime I'm surprised you remembered this thread. Thanks again so much for the update
unless i missed it the article doesn't mention the families of the other victims

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom