TMZ Reports.. Kobe Bryant Killed In Crash!!! RIP KOBE! May god watch over your family! You and Gigi will always be loved! (1 Viewer)

I mean seriously, why are you guys even responding to this guy at this point? It's like trolling 101. Post some sheet opinion for reaction, get reaction, repeat.

Quit fueling the fire, and someone get this guy's mom to cancel internet to his basement.

Everyone in that helicopter passed away yesterday. Every life in that helicopter was exactly as valuable as every other life, period. Perceived social significance does not equal actual significance. The hero worship and idolatry in this world is borderline pathetic.

Focus instead on the humanity lost, the lives lost everyday in hospital beds, homes, in the streets, even right this moment there are people breathing their last breath alone and scared. They won’t get a bit of press. No matter what your feelings are regarding any individuals in that helicopter, they were all people, husbands, fathers, sons, daughters. People are mourning all of them.

Rather than argue meaningless semantics over an internet board, everyone of you should take a moment to embrace your loved ones, tell them how much they mean to you, because your next breath isn’t guaranteed. We all die, no one leaves here alive, and for every single one us that moment will come far sooner than any of you expect. Be nice to each other, leave the world better than you entered it, and hopefully people will speak better of you after you go. Blessings to you all.

Empathy?

Not it at all. Sorry they are dead. Just like I am sorry that lots of people die.

The reason he is dead is a senseless one and selfish. That is why it is a rich persons problem.

The fact that this thread is about his death and not talking about his selfishness is the silly thing.

But then again I guess I don't judge success by mad stacks of cash.

Would a person's death be "senseless and selfish" if they died driving their car to work instead of using public transportation or riding their bike across town? Driving a helicopter for transportation seems like a very reasonable thing to do if you have the means to do it...it's probably safer than driving in LA with your car. I think that you have a problem with rich people...which is really a problem with you and not Kobe.

I am out of this one!

Good. I don't know what kind or irrational hatred you have towards Kobe Bryant and his family or rich people in general but I lost a lot of respect for you Moose. And I'm not some easily offended snowflake clutching my pearls. It takes a lot to bother me but this was way out of bounds.

So it looks like from the flight path they were flying way too low into that valley, the pilot either gets warned or finally sees the approaching mountain side and separately tries to climb to avoid it and nearly did.

Would a person's death be "senseless and selfish" if they died driving their car to work instead of using public transportation or riding their bike across town? Driving a helicopter for transportation seems like a very reasonable thing to do if you have the means to do it...it's probably safer than driving in LA with your car. I think that you have a problem with rich people...which is really a problem with you and not Kobe.
No but driving in dangerous conditions would be, especially considering area police were downing their choppers for that same reason.

So it looks like from the flight path they were flying way too low into that valley, the pilot either gets warned or finally sees the approaching mountain side and separately tries to climb to avoid it and nearly did.
Saw this on another site I visit

No but driving in dangerous conditions would be, especially considering area police were downing their choppers for that same reason.

While true, I wonder if the conditions varied along the flight path and whether the pilot or air traffic controllers were aware of the deteriorating conditions. Fog density and location (elevation) can vary dramatically from location to location.

I'm sure the conditions and who was aware of what will come out after the investigation. I'm wondering what really happened. I have a hard time thinking the pilot would risk his own life to get this group to their destination.

Not enough information on hand to say that it was unsafe flight conditions. The police has very specific reasons for using helicopters, such as ground surveillance (when VFR is required). If you you can't see the ground very well because of precipitation, then you abort the mission. But that does not mean that it is unsafe for the purpose of transportation. There are different standards depending on the job that is being carried out. In the military, for example, training squadrons will shut down flights for weather while local airports will stay open. So, knowing a thing or two about aviation, I don't think that the police downing their aircraft means anything at all. Modern aircraft do NOT need VFR to fly safely, it is very common to use instrument flight rules. There is no indication that the crash was due to the weather, and fog doesn't make an aircraft fall out of the sky. It certainly sounds like the fog didn't just cause the helicopter to crash into the side of a mountain. It could have, however, made it more difficult to find a safe place to perform an emergency landing. I'm definitely going to reserve judgement about either the pilot or Kobe until the investigation is completed.

The question that needs to be asked is why are you flying that fast in such low visibility along rugged terrain with no ground support?

Not enough information on hand to say that it was unsafe flight conditions. The police has very specific reasons for using helicopters, such as ground surveillance (when VFR is required). If you you can't see the ground very well because of precipitation, then you abort the mission. But that does not mean that it is unsafe for the purpose of transportation. There are different standards depending on the job that is being carried out. In the military, for example, training squadrons will shut down flights for weather while local airports will stay open. So, knowing a thing or two about aviation, I don't think that the police downing their aircraft means anything at all. Modern aircraft do NOT need VFR to fly safely, it is very common to use instrument flight rules. There is no indication that the crash was due to the weather, and fog doesn't make an aircraft fall out of the sky. It certainly sounds like the fog didn't just cause the helicopter to crash into the side of a mountain. It could have, however, made it more difficult to find a safe place to perform an emergency landing. I'm definitely going to reserve judgement about either the pilot or Kobe until the investigation is completed.
Unless the report of local area police downing their toppers is false, then yes weather conditions were known to be dangerous.

Like I said he dies because he is better than you setting in traffic.

I am fine with it. He always was an arrogant piece in my opinion. A good ball player but a piece. A piece that crippled his franchise and did not work well with others. A piece that sent players packing because of his ego rather than win more championships.

I have no problem with his arrogant arse dropping from the sky.
Ive been talked about by posters and seen some insane comments here on SR but I generally respect mostly everyone here. You, I can't respect because you lack timing and perspective. He and his daughter died tragically and you're using his wealth and drive as a competitor to judge him as a human. No sympathy at all. Turn the temperature up on your heart for Christ sake.

Unless the report of local area police downing their toppers is false, then yes weather conditions were known to be dangerous.
You are not taking into account the capabilities of the police choppers vs S-76. I'm not saying that the police had it right and Kobe's flight had it wrong, I'm saying that they may have had different restriction levels based off of the type of aircraft they were using. The S-76 is basically a UH60 Black Hawk capable of flying at higher altitudes than lesser choppers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom