TMZ Reports.. Kobe Bryant Killed In Crash!!! RIP KOBE! May god watch over your family! You and Gigi will always be loved! (1 Viewer)

It seems as though many folks are struggling with processing this devastating tragedy of 9 lives lost.

Doc Rivers said that the Clippers are playing flat, and that it will probably be awhile before they recover.

This thread has sure been educational & has definitely helped me to process this sudden & horrific news.

I was thinking last night, how grateful I am to have a place to vent & have all of my questions answered!

So........thanks!

so...I haven't read this entire thread, and I haven't fully commented on this incident yet. as someone who lives in Los Angeles, this obviously hits closer to home for me than some, and I'm still processing it. maybe writing some words will help...

I understand that people may have different feelings about Kobe, and I respect that. but these are my feelings, so please respect that.

I've lived almost my entire life in Los Angeles, and I've been a Laker fan since I could walk. (or maybe before?) Kobe was one of my 3 favorite players, along with Magic Johnson and Byron Scott. when he was young, Kobe was brash, arrogant, and all of those things. but what he did on the court, and his impact on basketball, is undeniable. for Laker fans, he's as close as you can get to a superhero...doing things on the court that seemed impossible. and the fact that he played an entire 20 year career with one team is almost unheard of. and he loved LA and the fans as much as we loved him. and over the years, his hard edges seemed to soften a bit.

one of my favorite things over his career was watching him mature. the love he had for his family was an easy thing to see. it was obvious in the smile on his face any time he was with his girls. he took his role as a father just as serious as his role on the court. and there are tons of stories of him being generous with his time and money, and acting as a coach, mentor, and advisor in basketball, business, and life. I personally know of several people who have met him, crossed paths with him, or taken pictures with him, and he was always pleasant and accommodating. I'm sure there are stories of him being a jerk, everyone has bad days. but it seems there are more numerous stories of him being a good guy.

I guess I don't really have anything to add, just that it hurts, and it probably will for a while. nobody was ready for this. he will miss his own HOF induction, his girls' weddings... Gigi was the one that was going to carry on his basketball legacy, and she was also gone in a moment. his youngest daughter will never even know him. smh.

thoughts and prayers to all the families who lost someone in this tragedy. it should not be lost that many other families & loved ones are affected by this. a brother & sister lost their entire family. it just doesn't make any sense. the whole thing still feels like a bad dream, I continually ask myself "How can this be true?" but it is true, and life carries on.

anyway, thanks for letting me share. RIP Kobe.

so...I haven't read this entire thread, and I haven't fully commented on this incident yet. as someone who lives in Los Angeles, this obviously hits closer to home for me than some, and I'm still processing it. maybe writing some words will help...

I understand that people may have different feelings about Kobe, and I respect that. but these are my feelings, so please respect that.

I've lived almost my entire life in Los Angeles, and I've been a Laker fan since I could walk. (or maybe before?) Kobe was one of my 3 favorite players, along with Magic Johnson and Byron Scott. when he was young, Kobe was brash, arrogant, and all of those things. but what he did on the court, and his impact on basketball, is undeniable. for Laker fans, he's as close as you can get to a superhero...doing things on the court that seemed impossible. and the fact that he played an entire 20 year career with one team is almost unheard of. and he loved LA and the fans as much as we loved him. and over the years, his hard edges seemed to soften a bit.

one of my favorite things over his career was watching him mature. the love he had for his family was an easy thing to see. it was obvious in the smile on his face any time he was with his girls. he took his role as a father just as serious as his role on the court. and there are tons of stories of him being generous with his time and money, and acting as a coach, mentor, and advisor in basketball, business, and life. I personally know of several people who have met him, crossed paths with him, or taken pictures with him, and he was always pleasant and accommodating. I'm sure there are stories of him being a jerk, everyone has bad days. but it seems there are more numerous stories of him being a good guy.

I guess I don't really have anything to add, just that it hurts, and it probably will for a while. nobody was ready for this. he will miss his own HOF induction, his girls' weddings... Gigi was the one that was going to carry on his basketball legacy, and she was also gone in a moment. his youngest daughter will never even know him. smh.

thoughts and prayers to all the families who lost someone in this tragedy. it should not be lost that many other families & loved ones are affected by this. a brother & sister lost their entire family. it just doesn't make any sense. the whole thing still feels like a bad dream, I continually ask myself "How can this be true?" but it is true, and life carries on.

That is what makes Kobe's death so tragic. We all saw him grow as you said in front of our eyes. Very rarely do we have the opportunity to see some one grown over a period of almost 25 years. Kobe never was out of the light.

I admired Kobe for being the good Family man he was and what he did for others. Right now they are in a better place. Im sure Kobe and his daughter Gigi are watching over their family and protecting them.
.Thanks for your post Maik it was very insightful. Thanks to all who have posted info about this event. I have learned a lot.

I could not have said it better. People who just read the headlines on Kobe don't get the whole picture of the kid he was...and the man he became. I followed his career from that first game all the way up to his retirement game and he was the reason I got back into the NBA...and also the reason I quit watching (didn't watch another game after he retired.) I only wish I was half the father he was. This one hit me hard as it did a lot of people. RIP Kobe.

Hopefully writing out your feelings here helped you somewhat. Sometimes a bit of controlled venting helps to get rid of some of the pain.

Yes, a lot of families and close friends of these victims are hurting more than the population in general. But people go through this kind of emotional suffering anytime there's an unexpected loss of a loved one. But this crash makes the same kind of "sense" that we can apply to all tragic accidents that happen to people all the time, whether they are a part of our lives or not. Life is both fragile and (relatively) temporary. Our normal desire is to keep living and not to have it end suddenly during a prime part of our life. But by definition that's what an accident is. It's an unplanned & unexpected event in most cases (unless a person is simply throwing all caution to the wind regarding his activities) that generally creates a very negative effect to someone or something

These 9 deaths will likely go on record as being the result of some poor judgment into some very dangerous atmospheric conditions. That is how we can make sense of this. There was no 'reason' that these folks had to perish. But it does remind us that there are consequences for a lot of our decisions, and nothing we do from one minute to the next comes with any sort of guarantee. There is no script about what will happen next regarding the sudden loss of life to someone somewhere. We just try our best to use sound thinking in all that we do and hope that we will not be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hopefully writing out your feelings here helped you somewhat. Sometimes a bit of controlled venting helps to get rid of some of the pain.

Yes, a lot of families and close friends of these victims are hurting more than the population in general. But people go through this kind of emotional suffering anytime there's an unexpected loss of a loved one. But this crash makes the same kind of "sense" that we can apply to all tragic accidents that happen to people all the time, whether they are a part of our lives or not. Life is both fragile and (relatively) temporary. Our normal desire is to keep living and not to have it end suddenly during a prime part of our life. But by definition that's what an accident is. It's an unplanned & unexpected event in most cases (unless a person is simply throwing all caution to the wind regarding his activities) that generally creates a very negative effect to someone or something

These 9 deaths will likely go on record as being the result of some poor judgment into some very dangerous atmospheric conditions. That is how we can make sense of this. There was no 'reason' that these folks had to perish. But it does remind us that there are consequences for a lot of our decisions, and nothing we do from one minute to the next comes with any sort of guarantee. There is no script about what will happen next regarding the sudden loss of life to someone somewhere. We just try our best to use sound thinking in all that we do and hope that we will not be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last night, one of my buddies said an interesting quote: “When you reach for the hand of God.....sometimes He takes you.”

Not to be religious, because I feel more spiritual than any dogmatic religious belief......but I would like to think that there is some spirit in the universe directing all of this.

Last night, one of my buddies said an interesting quote: “When you reach for the hand of God.....sometimes He takes you.”

Not to be religious, because I feel more spiritual than any dogmatic religious belief......but I would like to think that there is some spirit in the universe directing all of this.
Trust me on this one, you and your buddy need to rethink those erroneous (albeit popular) beliefs.
God is more sad about all this suffering than all of us are.

Trust me on this one, you and your buddy need to rethink those erroneous (albeit popular) beliefs.
God is more sad about all this suffering than all of us are.

WHOA ? .............pretty powerful ?

As Madmarsha says, I am “multitasking” at the moment, trying to do too many things at once.
I am going to have to dwell on your statement for awhile. ?

This may sound weird, but kobe death has really made me look at life differently. You really never know when your time is up you are not guaranteed tomm, and you need to live to the fullest, because you never know when your time is up.
Felt the same thing. I’ve looked at my own house and scanned for crazy things that might end up killing me on accident one day.

As Madmarsha says, I am “multitasking” at the moment, trying to do too many things at once.
I saw something really sad on the news. In LA someone defaced a Kobe and Gigi mural.not going to say what it was. Some people SMDH. That was low. As a saying goes in general never speak ill of the dead they can't defend thierselves

Well, that's interesting because I'm not sure I understand Bill's response to your quote. I won't say anything further because then the rabbit will go down the hole.

Well, that's interesting because I'm not sure I understand Bill's response to your quote. I won't say anything further because then the rabbit will go down the hole.
Surely you don't think God had anything to do with Kobe's crash, do you?

I dont think that's what anyone is suggesting.
That's the point I was making that I was making to LuvNOLA.
I don't think anyone should wonder about that while trying to find a reason for the tragedy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom