TMZ Reports.. Kobe Bryant Killed In Crash!!! RIP KOBE! May god watch over your family! You and Gigi will always be loved! (1 Viewer)

It's tragic. It's tragic beyond Kobe and his child. Another child and parent perished. 5 others besides them died. I realize Kobe is the noticeable figure, but all tributes, at the very least, should recognize the untimely passing of the others as well. I've seen way too many tributes that overlook the others. They're deaths, especially the kids who perished, shouldn't be marginalized. I don't think anyone is doing it purposely, but imagine being a family member of one of the others. Their lives had value as well.

Last edited:

Yeah this is way bigger than Kobe. This is about his surviving family, his daughter who was gone way to soon and was pursuing her own dreams this day. There are basketball fans who loved him, those who didn't but respected him.

BTW most NBA players and commentators loved and respected Bryant.

I saw an earlier post about Kobe having a license. He did not fly his own helicopter. He was never interested in doing such a thing.

I continue to be devastated by this news. And to learn GiGi was among those who perished. They were incredibly close...inseparable. This hurts.

For someone who is very close to someone who was sexually assaulted I find all the praise he’s receiving disgusting.
Hmm, there were victims in this crash of which Kobe was one and there are victims of sexual assault of which Kobe has been alleged to have committed. All of our biographies are uneven. We all have realities and contradictions. No one moment freezes us. To some he caused pain, to others he was a husband, father, friend, etc. What I can say is that as he matured, he really devoted himself to being a better human. He also was an ardent supporter of LGBTQ issues. Which is his legacy? All of it is. So some will feel nothing and others will feel tremendous pain. And those of us who knew him favorably—whether personally or at a distance—are especially devastated and that is a real and understandable emotion just as his accuser and other victims of sexual assault have real and understandable emotions. All mourn and should be free to do so in a way that is true to whatever they feel as a result of his life and death.

It's tragic. It's tragic beyond Kobe and his child. Another child and parent perished. 5 others besides them died. I realize Kobe is the noticeable figure, but all tributes should, at the very least, should recognize the untimely passing of the others as well. I've seen way too many tributes that overlook the others. They're deaths, especially the kids who perished, shouldn't be marginalized. I don't think anyone is doing it purposely, but imagine being a family member of one of the others. Their lives had value as well.

I haven't seen confirmation on who the other 5 passengers were. Until then, there's not much to be said about the others. Kobe and his 13 year old daughter perishing is front and center for obvious reasons. The responses I'm seeing are pretty understandable.

I haven't seen confirmation on who the other 5 passengers were. Until then, there's not much to be said about the others. Kobe and his 13 year old daughter perishing is front and center for obvious reasons. The responses I'm seeing are pretty understandable.

I'm not suggesting they mention them by name. Of course Kobe, and his daughter, will be the headline. I've just seen too many "Kobe killed in crash"...or "Kobe and daughter killed in crash", headlines. Imagine the unimaginable. Your family member died in that same accident, and you are feeling like they are already forgotten. All I'm saying is that people should be saying that "Kobe, his daughter and 7 others, perished."

I started feeling this way when Ensminger's daughter in law died in the plane. All you heard was that she died. One day I went on Facebook and saw that a friend was related to others on that plane. I tried to put myself in his shoes and it was really hard. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Kobe, I think it's tragic. I've just been thinking about this since the Carley incident.

Last edited:
TMZ has audio with the pilot. Kobe wasn't the pilot. Looks like fog was the issue.
Yes, Kobe never flew his own helicopter. It, again, was not a thing he was interested in doing. As for the cause of the crash, I’m sure we will learn definitively what took place. Right now it all seems surreal.

I'm not suggesting they mention them by name. Of course Kobe, and his daughter, will be the headline. I've just seen too many "Kobe killed in crash"...or "Kobe and daughter killed in crash", headlines. Imagine the unimaginable. Your family member died in that same accident, and you are feeling like they are already forgotten. All I'm saying is that people should be saying that "Kobe, his daughter and 7 others, perished."

I started feeling this way when Ensminger's daughter in law died in the plane. All you heard was that she died. One day I went on Facebook and saw that a friend was related to others on that plane. I tried to put myself in his shoes and it as really hard. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Kobe, I think it's tragic. I've just been thinking about this since the Carley incident.

My niece was classmates and close friends with the boy who passed away in the crash involving Carley. In that situation, it took some time for the identities of the others to get published. And we're just now beginning to hear about the passengers. Most reports I've seen after the local presser have stated that 7 other people perished along with Kobe and his daughter. I don't really see the 7 other being intentionally left out as much as there has been a lack of additional info.

I started feeling this way when Ensminger's daughter in law died in the plane. All you heard was that she died. One day I went on Facebook and saw that a friend was related to others on that plane. I tried to put myself in his shoes and it as really hard. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Kobe, I think it's tragic. I've just been thinking about this since the Carley incident.
I don't think your being disrespectful at all. All those people were in a hellish scenario. All you can hope for is that everyone was comforted especially the kids before during those final moments or maybe seconds before tragedy struck.

My niece was classmates and close friends with the boy who passed away in the crash involving Carley. In that situation, it took some time for the identities of the others to get published. And we're just now beginning to hear about the passengers. Most reports I've seen after the local presser have stated that 7 other people perished along with Kobe and his daughter. I don't really see the 7 other being intentionally left out as much as there has been a lack of additional info.
I do think many media outlets are doing it right. I'm not a media fan, but they weren't the motivation of my post.

Seeing the social media responses probably has me upset. I just saw something Shaq posted, and he got it right. Of course he noticed his friend Kobe, and his daughter, but he made sure to recognize the others. I guess social media (not talking about this site) has me more upset than anything. It's full of hollow and one dimensional types. Whats new? I should know better.

Maybe I'm just being too sensitive about it. I don't know.

So sorry that your niece had to process something like that at such a young age. God Bless the victims, friends and families of both incidents.

Last edited:
It's tragic. It's tragic beyond Kobe and his child. Another child and parent perished. 5 others besides them died. I realize Kobe is the noticeable figure, but all tributes, at the very least, should recognize the untimely passing of the others as well. I've seen way too many tributes that overlook the others. They're deaths, especially the kids who perished, shouldn't be marginalized. I don't think anyone is doing it purposely, but imagine being a family member of one of the others. Their lives had value as well.
My cousin lost his wife and stepdaughter in a plane crash in Alaska, years ago. The news mainly reported about the famous politician that was on board. My family was brought to our knees in grief. My cousin did not want his name out there. He wanted his privacy to grieve.

My cousin lost his wife and stepdaughter in a plane crash in Alaska, years ago. The news mainly reported about the famous politician that was on board. My family was brought to our knees in grief. My cousin did not want his name out there. He wanted his privacy to grieve.
Thanks for the alternative view point. So sorry for your family's loss. God Bless all of you, and their souls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom