TMZ Reports.. Kobe Bryant Killed In Crash!!! RIP KOBE! May god watch over your family! You and Gigi will always be loved! (1 Viewer)

The question that needs to be asked is why are you flying that fast in such low visibility along rugged terrain with no ground support?

Happens EVERY DAY under IFR. How many times have you flown in a commercial airline under poor weather conditions without ground support? I personally have...a bunch.

Good. I don't know what kind or irrational hatred you have towards Kobe Bryant and his family or rich people in general but I lost a lot of respect for you Moose. And I'm not some easily offended snowflake clutching my pearls. It takes a lot to bother me but this was way out of bounds.

I am sorry if I pointed out someone's selfish and lavish lifestyle effects all of us and offended people that can't see a big picture. I do feel sorry for the family.

I hope you can loose respect for the selfish that crap on all of us equally. Or heck just some idiot with a bro dozer rolling coal of a truck for no good reason is a start.

Happens EVERY DAY under IFR. How many times have you flown in a commercial airline under poor weather conditions without ground support? I personally have...a bunch.

You were a bit higher that having bigger than a hill and not a mountain take you out.

RIP Kobe

I've flown in some commercial helicopters. Mostly on those little 2 person babies with no doors to take photos. It was fun. But I gotta say, there was at least one time on each trip where i saw my life flash in front of my eyes.

Flown in helicopters...frequently. Prior military

Yeah travel by cush chopper is a bit different than military use. Not like you are trying to avoid a threat except the threat of Earth.

I have been in a few not many but we were never super low in a hilly area.

Yeah travel by cush chopper is a bit different than military use. Not like you are trying to avoid a threat except the threat of Earth.

I have been in a few not many but we were never super low in a hilly area.

Which makes the risk of fog worse than a commercial helicopter ride...yet we flew in it under IFR

Their biggest NBA reporter just reported it.

Idk if they are trying to give Joe Tessitore a "John Lennon has passed" moment but they are bumbling this horribly. They don't even have a ticker at the bottom with the news.

I wouldn't even trust Joe Tessitore to make toast.

Which makes the risk of fog worse than a commercial helicopter ride...yet we flew in it under IFR

Yes I would agree.

Lots of different factors. I could see how a military flight in bad weather might be seen as a learning experience for the whole crew involved.

None of it makes any sense in that respect to a personal transportation flight. The whole investigation is gonna be a big deal.

Lots of potential companies and people to blame with money and insurance.

I think it's really too soon to draw any conclusions. I'd rather wait for something definitive from the investigation. It seems there are too many unknowns at this point.

That’s the thing I don’t understand. The pilot did not, for whatever reason, refile a IFR plan. He stuck with VFR in bad weather.

Helicopters operate under different rules.

The flight path indicates they were trying to get someplace that required visual contact with the ground, aborted that attempt, climbed into the clouds and then lost control for unknown reasons.

Mechanical failure is possible.
Spatial disorientation is also possible.

Both with the first leading to the second is also possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom