N/S TNF: Dolphins @ Bengals (1 Viewer)

Right- it started with lawsuits. But it became THE story for what felt like years. And due to the reception of it and a large outcry from former players and fans, a lot of the changes were put into motion because the league was shown in such bad light.

That feels like forever ago to me- so I could be missing some details but I definitely remember feeling like it was public outcry and constant coverage that led to a lot of it.
The outcry spread from just ESPN to non sports related shows.
I remember around the time PBS aired the documentary, “League of Denial.”

Tua's injury was hard to watch. Hopefully he ends up ok. I also hope the commish gets canned.

On a different note, Armstead looks healthy. Just our luck, he plays for 5 more years with zero injuries.

That is insane. I’ve never seen that story before as far as I know. WOW
Right. The NFL's position was that black players had lower cognitive function than white players pre-NFL, so the black players had to prove worse function post-career to benefit from the settlement.

And this was circa 2018 or so; not 1938.

And the NFL actually went to court to try to defend this proposition.

Yeah but they don't say anything about the head. Calling it neck is a slap in the face.

This was a brain injury and nothing more. Not neck, not back, not muscular. It was a nervous system glitch caused by blunt trauma to a brain that had blunt trauma 4 days ago.

This is beyond reprehensible to me after all the posturing the NFL did with us in 2011 and player safety. 10 years later, NFL don't give a flip.

Disgusting.
Glad you said this because I was thinking the same thing. We got hammered because the NFL wanted to show they were “concerned” about concussions and “cared” about the players. There’s no way Tua should have returned to the field Sunday or played tonight.

His only winning season was last year and that was only 10-7.
Not to dismiss a Super Bowl appearance, but it’s not like going 13-4 or 14-3.
His only other seasons had 2 and 4 wins.
Not to resurrect 2007, but that was the fear I had then, when the Saints started 0-4 and Drew had a td/int ratio of 1-9.

I am glad my fears were misplaced back then. As for now, I think Burrow is legit, but TBD on Taylor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom