To all the old timers (1 Viewer)

I feel like this post is 10 years too late....Saints have won a Super Bowl, have had multiple 10+ win seasons...this thread would make more since in year three of the Sean Payton Era not the 13th.

Back in the day, we would be happy to be 3-7 after 10 games. Just hoping man, if we could get on a roll, we could finish 1-3!!! AND finish with FOUR WINS!!!!! (14 game seasons)
--Insert future 2010, "It's Happening Meme thingy or Giffs" Old Timer response member..) LOL Reference to Mickey Loomis

There were truly decades when by this time of year the season was already written off and all our focus as fans was on the next draft. After being loyal for all those many years it is so sweet to see a team almost every year competing and winning. I, for one, do not take the journey us old timers took for granted and I appreciate each year of winning. It makes what we are seeing all the more meaningful.

I feel like this post is 10 years too late....Saints have won a Super Bowl, have had multiple 10+ win seasons...this thread would make more since in year three of the Sean Payton Era not the 13th.
No... You never forget your history. We aren't a snob fanbase. This week we possibly get to clinch a winning season and that is worth remembering and celebrating.

We may be set up for life after Brees, but what about after Payton, Loomis, Gayle, and etc..

Never take it for granted for we don't how long it could take for us to get back here.

Hey, meily, we're Saints fans, and most of us have our superstitions. I guess we just didn't want to jinx a good thing. :D

I think about this every year we have a winning season, too. I was born in 78 and I remember WWL's old "Bless You Boys" promo song/commercials that had a refrain of "Could this be the year?" And by "the year", they didn't mean win the Super Bowl, they just meant make the playoffs and/or have a winning record. I will never take a winning season for granted (granted, still got 1 win to go to get there this year).

Saints are 8 - 2 and have clinched a non-losing season!

For the young ones here this WAS the benchmark for a great season!

Man have times changed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom