To Disney or not to Disney... 2022 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
My wife and I have been planning a return to Disney for Mardi Gras 2022 since 2017. My oldest will be 8.5 and my youngest will be 3.5. We've saved up in an account every week since our last trip, so the trip is paid for. My concern is traveling with a 3.5 year old to Disney if COVID restrictions are still around.. Those with little ones that are more free spirited, have you taken a trip to Disney with the COVID restrictions? Would you do it again? Would you wait until restrictions are more relaxed? I've been on the fence whether or wait another year or not. We aren't the type of family that will go to Disney every year or other year. We like to travel to different destinations. That being said, it would probably be 4-5 years until we went again.

We are both vaccinated if it matters. We would also drive.

My wife and I have been planning a return to Disney for Mardi Gras 2022 since 2017. My oldest will be 8.5 and my youngest will be 3.5. We've saved up in an account every week since our last trip, so the trip is paid for. My concern is traveling with a 3.5 year old to Disney if COVID restrictions are still around.. Those with little ones that are more free spirited, have you taken a trip to Disney with the COVID restrictions? Would you do it again? Would you wait until restrictions are more relaxed? I've been on the fence whether or wait another year or not. We aren't the type of family that will go to Disney every year or other year. We like to travel to different destinations. That being said, it would probably be 4-5 years until we went again.

We are both vaccinated if it matters. We would also drive.

Personally, I'd wait until the youngest is like 5 or 6. Better chance he/she would remember the trip down the road.

I'm going this year. My wife and I'm vaccinated. I'll be in July when vaccination rates will probably be as good as they ever will be. We'll use precautions of course.

Disney is the most magical place on Earth...for kids. For adults? It can be incredibly stressful. I would weigh that part of if more than COVID honestly.

We'll actually be going in late June with our almost 3 year old. We have friends who go every few years who invited us. All of us adults will be vaccinated. Also, my wife, daughter and I all had covid (luckily we all had minimal symptoms). We will be driving as well. It sounds like they take protocols seriously as they just had a guy from BR arrested for refusing to have his temperature taken.

If I have any insight after our trip, I will try to remember to let you know.

I'm going this year. My wife and I'm vaccinated. I'll be in July when vaccination rates will probably be as good as they ever will be. We'll use precautions of course.

Disney is the most magical place on Earth...for kids. For adults? It can be incredibly stressful. I would weigh that part of if more than COVID honestly.

I really enjoyed watching my son on our last trip, but he is polar opposite from our little one :)

We went last October.

They are as serious as it gets when it comes to restrictions. Masks must stay over your nose nonstop.

And as much as possible, they were weaving the lines outside of the buildings that most of the rides are contained in. I remember thinking, “This is going to be murder to people if this is still going on during the summer.”

Another couple things to think about. When we were there, all of the characters were isolated away from people. And there was no end-of-the-day fireworks/celebration event at any of the parks. Kind of took away from our experience, to be honest. Again, perhaps they’ve adjusted these things. But I doubt it, given how seriously they’ve been approaching it.

We took ours when they were each 4. They didn't remember it and soon wanted to go back again.

Personally I would wait a year because all of the die hard DW fans that have been kept out during the troubles will be clamoring to go and I expect it will be super crowded for a while.

We went right after Christmas. It was fantastic. We had a great time.

If you can deal with a mask, it's just as good as pretty much any other Disney trip.

I went for thanksgiving 2019. my son was 8.5 and daughter was 6. they had the best time ever. as did me and my fiancee. we drove, spent 5 days in parks (the new skyliner is amazing). we stayed at pop century.

thanksgiving day was our last day, spent it at magic kingdom (2nd and 5th days at Magic Kingdom). both times were excellent. not huge waits. you go to disney and expect to wait some time for rides. the worst wait was expedition everest at animal kingdom i believe, it was about 2 hour wait and we didnt have a fast pass. but kids stayed entertained and it was awesome.

with that said, personally i wouldnt go until covid restrictions are gone. whenever that may be, if they are ever fully gone. i'm glad we went before it all began.

i did read starting this month, believe april 8th, you can now take pictures without masks on. so thats a plus at least.

It's going to be interesting to see where we are by next year. Will vaccines for children be approved? Will there be enough herd immunity to effectively eliminate the risk for children (unvaccinated)? There's emerging evidence that the now-dominant variants infect children more easily than earlier virus, though they still don't appear to cause greater disease.

People tend to talk about vaccination and moving beyond Covid, but the risk to children will remain until the virus' circulation is mostly eliminated by herd immunity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom