To Rams Fans (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
How do you feel about all this? I know you are probably still happy your team is going to the Super Bowl but you have to admit this is a dark storm cloud hanging over your entire organization. Some of you saying get over it is comical or the best one is the "Facemask" on Goff which if ended in a TD really doesn't matter when the Saints have a first and goal on the 3 yard line with under 2 minutes left to win the game on the next drive if the game was called correctly by officiating. Even the interception in overtime was a penalty against Drew being hands to the face roughing the passer. I can say as a Saints fan if this happened in reversed I would be disappointed, I would definitely get over it faster but still you will ways have that blown call controversy of one of the worst in sports history not just NFL football.

You can spin this all you want but at the end of the day you still have this controversy hanging over your Super Bowl win or berth for the rest of your organization.

Not a Rams fan, but I have been a member of a Rams forum since the Haslett days when we were big rivals. I occasionally go back there when our teams play. There are in fact a few Rams fans, but I do think the LA-STL-LA moves have definitely lessened the number.

There are a few fools that continue to argue that it was a good no-call, the angles are misleading, etc, etc., but most of what I'm seeing is a lot of whataboutism, particularly on the missed facemask on Goff when they kicked from the 1. I have not seen the game except from the Dome (and never will) so I can't say whether it was a bad call or not, but that's what they're hanging their hat on. Basically, "bad calls for both teams, Saints had their chances."

I think many are frustrated the story still has any legs. LOL.

Also, and this is not just Rams fans, but just about every fan of other NFL teams - they absolutely despise Payton and are happy to see him suffer, partly due to Bountygate misinformation and partly because he's so cocky, etc. They're loving it.

Not a Rams fan, but I have been a member of a Rams forum since the Haslett days when we were big rivals. I occasionally go back there when our teams play. There are in fact a few Rams fans, but I do think the LA-STL-LA moves have definitely lessened the number.

There are a few fools that continue to argue that it was a good no-call, the angles are misleading, etc, etc., but most of what I'm seeing is a lot of whataboutism, particularly on a missed facemask on Goff when they kicked from the 1. I have not seen the game except from the Dome (and never will) so I can't say whether it was a bad call or not, but that's what they're hanging their hat on. Basically, "bad calls for both teams, Saints had their chances."

I think many are frustrated the story still has any legs. LOL.

Also, and this is not just Rams fans, but just about every fan of other NFL teams - they absolutely despise Payton and are happy to see him suffer, partly due to Bountygate misinformation and partly because he's so cocky, etc. They're loving it.

If lambs fans act like this was fair play then they don't have an ounce of integrity. There's "bad calls" n then there's, in this case, extreme negligence. Since we were denied our chance to ice the game, the lambs were inheritedly given more of a chance than we were. It's as simple as that

Like the players for the Rams, Rams fans are not the culprit and have the right to be excited their team gets to play in the super bowl.

But they do not have the right to play the whatabout game to try to convince Saints fans that we are overreacting. In the same way that nothing can be done as a practical matter to reverse the result on the field (a fact the saints and fans must live with somehow), nothing can be done to remove the asterisk from their presence in the game.

If you are a level headed rams fan, in this case, you recognize the benefit your team received from the no call, shrug, and be thankful your team gets to play in the game. I can’t hold that reaction against anyone.

If you are a spiteful rams fan, you focus on trying to finding ways to muddy the water and lessen the impact of the “asterisk”. You somehow find a way to feel aggrieved (I actually saw a comment on PFT where a Rams fan contended that their team was being “robbed” of the ability to enjoy the win due to media focus on the no call). Going this route is insane and incredibly insulting.

In the same way that we must live with the result of the no call somehow, rams fans will have to settle for the “consolation prize” of playing in the Super Bowl under dubious circumstances. Question: who is getting the better deal?

I work with a few Rams fans.
My director wanted to gloat about it. I cut that off at the pass.
My co-worker says yea it was wrong but happy his team is in the SB.

Rams fans have nothing to feel bad about. Their team played to win and ultimately did what they needed to do. The fault lies squarely on the shoulders if the referees and the league office.

One of my best friends is a rams fan, he has been all of his life.

We were texting each other during the 4th quarter. When the play happened, he just wrote "Not like this".

After the game he called, he agreed it was a blown call, and when he was starting to gush about Goff's last pass I just shut him. I told him it has no consequence whatsoever. This is not about him or the rams, but we were robbed.

My group of friends started a group chat (some are steelers fans, cowboys, patriots, etc, the joys of growing in Mexico City). When my friend started the idiot excuse of the facemark on Goff again I shut him off. I told him once again, it is not the rams fault, but we were robbed.

POINTE FINALE!!!

He just put a thumbs up emoji and left the group. Nobody was agreeing with him.

He is happy his team is on the Super Bowl again, but he knows it is a tainted win.

You know how many times I hear from fans of other teams that our Super Bowl win should have an asterick by it, because of bounty gate or it was given to us because of Katrina. I shrug it off because we all know none of that is true. Well Rams fans, the few that they have, are going to get that kind of stuff times 1000 if they win the Super Bowl. They will have to hear that they weren't supposed to be there forever. A Super Bowl win for them will be legimately tainted in the minds of many fans across the NFL. I don't have any ill will towards their fans, it wasn't theif fault what happen. Even after that call their team still had to make the plays to win the game. However, knowing that a Super Bowl win for them will always have a "yeah but" added to it is the only consolation I have to hold onto right now.

The official response that has been adopted by all Ram apologists, including their players, is "but muh Goff face mask."

Hopefully, something will happen in the Super Bowl one way or the other.

Maybe the Rams will get robbed by an obvious penalty not called or a made-up penalty which will further the "Patriots get all the calls." Then maybe the Rams fans might start to understand and know how it feels, especially when the media sweeps it under the rug.

Or even if it happens the other way and the Rams are the benefit of the inept/corrupt officiating, then everyone will further understand that the agenda was to gift the Rams a Lombardi.

"To Rams Fans"

Hopefully we can get all 5 of them in here to weigh in

I have some sympathy for the Rams and their fans. They didn't screw the Saints--the refs did. They are happy to be in the Super Bowl. I am not going to say, "Admit y'all shouldn't be there!" They know what went down, and I am sure that they wish it didn't go down like that because it does tarnish their trip to the Super Bowl. If they are spinning, it is because they want people to look at their team and the upcoming game rather than the screw job on the Saints. I get it, and I don't fault them for it. Likewise, they have to understand as Saints fans, that we want people talking about the non-call and how we were robbed.

The fight isn't with the Rams. It is with the NFL.

Folks rarely like to admit that their gains were a result of anything other than hard work and merit. They need to believe they've earned everything they have the honest way. If you didn't win the game, it's because YOU were lacking. YOU didn't play your cards right. YOU failed. Hey, you had the same chance they had to win, but you couldn't do it.

They point out all the ways that THEY'VE been victimized as well - Goff's face mask - as if that could possibly compare. They won't admit that they benefitted from an unfair no call. They reframe it and say, "The refs were just letting them play."

The don't have any complaints about the officiating/the system. Why would they. It benefited them and put their opponent at a disadvantage.

This situation plays out every single day in society as a whole.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom