To the Belichick is playing 4d chess crowd (1 Viewer)

Let’s revisit this thread after the AFC championship game. I’m pretty confident one of them will be the Pats and they will find a way to stop the other QB and make the trip to Miami. BB doesn’t get beat often twice in the same year by the same team. He may be the best ever and making adjustments and making you look silly the next time.

Yes. And BB has answered the question this season (for the second time as the Pats coach) as to whether or not he can win games without Tom Brady.

2. Brady not having anyone the throw to is their fault. How many times have you heard that the Patriots are the leagues model team and how Belichick is a genius cause he can plug pieces in. They had Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown and let them go. AB was let go before any punishment was levied. Look at all the receivers we go through and there is no national story about Brees having just one main receiver. Not to mention they traded for Sanu, they did try to get him help. Everyone is crying like there are HOF receivers out there not playing on a team that the Patriot can just go get that for some reason the other 31 teams would overlook.

Nothing lasts forever. You are starting to see the decline of the Patriots. Once they stop winning Superbowls or another team takes over the division, they will have to start paying market prices to keep and attract talent. It looks like Buffalo is trying to be that team.

You can say the same about the Saints though in terms of it being our own fault, we've prioritized other positions and having the best WR in the league over spending that money on 2-3 good WR's (of course one can also argue that those 2-3 good receivers haven't really been on the market either). We let Snead go because of discipline/off-field issues, albeit that was before last season, but he's looking pretty good in Baltimore. We tried to get Cam Meredith to workout but unfortunately he just couldn't produce like we hoping, probably due to injury. Rishard Matthews didn't work out.

With the Pats they had Gordon and Brown not workout and that leaves them with Edelman and bunch of nobody's. I always thought Sanu flattered to deceive anyway so I was a bit surprised they traded for him but that shows how desperate they were. I don't think anyone really disagrees about Brady not looking as good as he has been in years past but for me this "massive decline" is overstated. He's hitting his receivers when they're getting open and a lot of the time they're dropping the ball, even Edelman has had a case of the drops this season I'm pretty sure. Their running game is inconsistent and for me their o-line hasn't been as good. There's a lot more to their offensive issues than just the "Brady is old now" logic, just like there's a lot more to our own offense stuttering at times than the "Drew doesn't push the ball down the field" line (which is really just a different way to say that Drew is old now, nevermind that we didn't do it when Teddy was filling in either).

They are a true dynasty with 6 super bowls. This year despite having a sputtering offense they have the same record as our team. I'd love it if our team "sucked" like them over the last 20 years.

Right?
The best dynasty by far imo. They did it during free agency. No one else has come close to that level of dominance imo.

They are a true dynasty with 6 super bowls. This year despite having a sputtering offense they have the same record as our team. I'd love it if our team "sucked" like them over the last 20 years.
I'd love it too if we played in the AFC East every year. Guaranteed playoff berth every year, all we'd have to focus on is a first round bye.

I'd love it too if we played in the AFC East every year. Guaranteed playoff berth every year, all we'd have to focus on is a first round bye.

Doesn’t take away from their dominance imo. You play who’s in front of you. Then the playoffs. Then the Bowl. They have 6 of em and are almost always there.

the point is sometimes things aren’t deeper than they appear on the surface. They were dominated the way they were because they are ready to get put out to pasture and replaced by the new young talent. Not because BB is saving his “magic” for the playoffs like his apologists keep saying.

And to this very eloquent point I get “muh 6 Super Bowls over 20 years”

Great point. Drew Brees is definitely going to lead the youth movement once we finally get rid of Brady.

the point is sometimes things aren’t deeper than they appear on the surface. They were dominated the way they were because they are ready to get put out to pasture and replaced by the new young talent. Not because BB is saving his “magic” for the playoffs like his apologists keep saying.

And to this very eloquent point I get “muh 6 Super Bowls over 20 years”

Man pass what you’re smokin.

One only has to look at the Dallas Cowboys to see what mediocre coaching gets you even when you have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball (and at both lines no less, albeit they've had some injuries on the o-line) even with a bad division.

We all know the AFC East is weak but when the team that leads that division is 10 and 2 you still gotta give it up to them. Add in Brady and the offensive issues and I can't see how anyone thinks Belichick is being exposed at all. Keep in mind if Belichick had his way we'd probably be watching Jimmy Garapolo leading that offense right now. Now I'm not sold on Jimmy G either but he's been good enough for SF so far, I can't imagine he'd be worse with NE.

Doesn’t take away from their dominance imo. You play who’s in front of you. Then the playoffs. Then the Bowl. They have 6 of em and are almost always there.

It does in my opinion. Both the Falcons and the Panthers have been to the Super Bowl in the last five years, and both of their respective quarterbacks have been NFL MVPs. That is what the Saints have had to contend with year after year.

Meanwhile, the Bills had a stretch of not making the playoffs for 18 years, the Jets have been abysmal for a decade, and the Dolphins aren't even worth mentioning. Hell, if a team like the Buccaneers was in the AFC East, they'd be at least better than both the Jets and the Dolphins. That's just how putrid that division is.

It does in my opinion. Both the Falcons and the Panthers have been to the Super Bowl in the last five years, and both of their respective quarterbacks have been NFL MVPs. That is what the Saints have had to contend with year after year.

Meanwhile, the Bills had a stretch of not making the playoffs for 18 years, the Jets have been abysmal for a decade, and the Dolphins aren't even worth mentioning. Hell, if a team like the Buccaneers was in the AFC East, they'd be at least better than both the Jets and the Dolphins. That's just how putrid that division is.
You're more than entitled to your opinion but it's not as though the Pats are making the playoffs with 9-7, 8-8, or less than .500 records. They've been dominant for quite a while and whilst they're not dominant this year they still have only lost two games, same as our Saints. On paper our division is trash this year as well, does that diminish the fact the Saints already closed it out to you? For me it doesn't.

Brady and BB getting dominated by Mahomes now. There is no ace up the sleeve this year. No magic. Jackson, Watson and Mahomes are just better now, dissecting the Pats defense like it’s nothing, outgunning frustrates Grandpa Brady. The dynasty is finished and the new guards are ready to take over in the AFC

Brady and BB getting dominated by Mahomes now. There is no ace up the sleeve this year. No magic. Jackson, Watson and Mahomes are just better now, dissecting the Pats defense like it’s nothing, outgunning frustrates Grandpa Brady. The dynasty is finished and the new guards are ready to take over in the AFC

Bout time. The Ming dynasty didn’t seem to last as long as the B&B dynasty has.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom