To the people working the Superdome video/audio this Sunday (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
Please do the team introductions right this week.

Don't introduce the 49ers team, and look stupid while their offense/defense waits to be introduced.

Don't play our "Saints are coming" video when the team isn't even ready to come out.

Don't finally introduce the team, and then wait two minutes to introduce the offensive starters.

Is that too much to ask for?

For those that don't know, during the Bengals game the Dome's announcer introduced the Bengals team while their offense stayed back waiting to be introduced. After about 1-2 minutes, they were like, "The Bengals offense ladies and gentleman" while the Bengals came out confused as hell.

Then they played our team video which always gets the crowd pumped but the team didn't come out until about 2 minutes after the video was played leaving the crowd confused and the crowd noise not as loud as it could have been.

Then when they finally introduced our team, they waited about 1-2 mins again to introduce the starting defense.

The whole thing was so sloppy and the crowd couldn't get into it like our crowd usually gets into.

The pregame intros is when the Dome's crowd really gets going and sort of let's the opposing team know that they better believe the Superdome hype. I really don't wanna see the crowd unenthused this week because the Superdome's workers can't get the pregame stuff correct.

Last edited:
mistakes happen at the workplace...let it go....wasnt that big of deal

There is no doubt that whoever puts the music together in the dome has no friggin clue what they are doing.

For the Bengals game, they played "Welcome to the Jungle" leading up to kickoff. That is the same thing they play in Cincinnatti. It was firing the Bengals up. Good job idiot.

And GET RID OF THE STUPID HARLEY!!!

Please do the team introductions right this week.

Don't introduce the 49ers team, and look stupid while their offense/defense waits to be introduced.

Don't play our "Saints are coming" video when the team isn't even ready to come out.

Don't finally introduce the team, and then wait two minutes to introduce the offensive starters.

Is that too much to ask for?

For those that don't know, during the Bengals game the Dome's announcer introduced the Bengals team while their offense stayed back waiting to be introduced. After about 1-2 minutes, they were like, "The Bengals offense ladies and gentleman" while the Bengals came out confused as hell.

Then they played our team video which always gets the crowd pumped but the team didn't come out until about 2 minutes after the video was played leaving the crowd confused and the crowd noise not as loud as it could have been.

Then when they finally introduced our team, they waited about 1-2 mins again to introduce the starting defense.

The whole thing was so sloppy and the crowd couldn't get into it like our crowd usually gets into.

The pregame intros is when the Dome's crowd really gets going and sort of let's the opposing team know that they better believe the Superdome hype. I really don't wanna see the crowd unenthused this week because the Superdome's workers can't get the pregame stuff correct.

it may seem easy to you but it takes a lot of coordination to achieve a smooth show especially when your working with players and TV networks. Things can change real quick.

it may seem easy to you but it takes a lot of coordination to achieve a smooth show especially when your working with players and TV networks. Things can change real quick.

Exactly. It may not have been the sound/video people at all. (And you can bet there is more than one person doing that job as it's a big one). There are many marks of communication and coordination that take place, including the teams themselves. This was the first game I noticed a problem. I make mistakes all the time at work so I'm willing to cut these guys a little slack.

Well, they need to get rid of the damn, "quiet, quiet please. Can we get some quiet?". That MOD EDIT: Thinly Veiled Profanity is NOT acceptable! needs to go! Plus, where the hell is our replays? When a play is challenged it should be played over and over 'till the ref is on the field. One more thing... The announcer needs to pump the crowd up; all you have to do is tell everyone to get loud for the D!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Superdome has had problems with things like these in the past.

Sheesh guys, I'm not on here yelling for everyone to be fired. I know mistakes are made, I'm just hoping they can do a better job so the dome can be pumped from the get go.

Excuse me if that's too much to ask.

I'm 99% sure that there is an NFL rule against doing just that.
I hope that is a rule, because that bothers me too. Seems strange though, you can only show a replay a certain amount of times?

Either way, the Superdome still is a little bad with the replays. They don't show enough of our big plays.

the announcer cant tell the crowd to get loud for the defense, it is against nfl rules

I hope that is a rule, because that bothers me too. Seems strange though, you can only show a replay a certain amount of times?

Either way, the Superdome still is a little bad with the replays. They don't show enough of our big plays.

you won't see a replay if it is a questionable play which favors the Saints. why show it? it would only help the opposing team.

the folks at the dome are working hard to get things together. if you have legitimate suggestions, complaints, or have experienced problems at the dome, they DO WANT to hear from you. please. LEGITIMATE problems only. contact SMG at 5045873877. ask for danny. problems can include handicap access, sound system, bathrooms, dome personnel, concessions, crowd movement, slipping on the upper deck ramps (they should have remedied this problem already), PLEASE. LEGITIMATE COMPLAINTS OR PROBLEMS ONLY. as for announcements, they are still breaking in the new sound system. give them a break. as for the music selections. if you have suggestions, make them. but calling b/c you don't like rap, soul, blues, jazz etc is a matter of taste, not complaint. try to be openminded with the music choices and understand; they are trying to please up to 70,000 patrons at once. an impossible task. as for the commercials. those sponsors pay a great deal to represent their businesses on behalf of the saints. patronize the businesses, please. they sponsor OUR team because they want YOUR help and support in return. thanks to all who attend the games. GO SAINTS!

Those are the only 2 problems I have with the Superdome actually (mismanagement of intros and replays).

I have no problem with their music selections ,halftime shows, sound systems, etc.

I defitnitely think that they have improved the game atmosphere from the past few years. This was just my only major beef this year. I'm enjoying the work of the Superdome gameday experience and I can't wait for the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom