To the "Why haven't we signed anyone" crowd... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I want to remind everybody that we still have some good young players on the roster that are coming up for new contracts. We can't go out and pay over-market prices for players like most teams are doing now.

I know I know... its much more fun when your team is spending money and being active in free agency, but we're in a different situation than most teams. We need to save cap room for our youngins, and we still have after-market free agents that can come in and contribute at a small(er) cost. We also have the draft and undrafted free agency that we always find gems.

I know its moot but I'll say it anyway... just be patient. The staff has a plan. And that plan is to trade for Burrow :ezbill:

I keed.

I get that its all about the nickels and dimes but "Holding" the line won't be good enough ... again. We can only count on a competitive team at this point until we see what training camp brings. I can't wait to see what voodoo happens to top the NFC South, Chiefs, Packers, Vikings, and 49ers this year.

Just for fun I'd also go out on a limb and say that if we did trade for Burrow ... the season is over before it begins!

I get that its all about the nickels and dimes but "Holding" the line won't be good enough ... again. We can only count on a competitive team at this point until we see what training camp brings. I can't wait to see what voodoo happens to top the NFC South, Chiefs, Packers, Vikings, and 49ers this year.

If the staff decided to go out and spend big money in free agency this week, then that would have been the sign that Ram, Lattimore, and Kamara (I'm sure I'm missing a few players) are not in the future plans with the team. These stupid contracts that these teams are handing out now are the reason(s) we can't be big spenders.

Miami gave Byron Jones big money, so Lattimore will probably want at least 15/per.
Kamara will probably want Zeke money (I hope not).
Ramzcyk (sp?) is an offensive tackle.... you gotta pay those guys even if he plays on the right side.

They're considering the future cap numbers with their decisions this week. They know they can find talent in the draft at a MUCH cheaper rate, so it looks like that's what they're doing.

Ramzcyk (sp?) is an offensive tackle.... you gotta pay those guys even if he plays on the right side.
I wouldn't be all that surprised if they end up letting Armstead walk and moving Ramczyk to LT when his deal is up after 2021 since we could use the fifth year option on Ramczyk to keep him signed through 2021. Only thinking this because of Armstead's injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom