To Tip or not to tip (1 Viewer)

IMO tipping should be a way of showing gratitude for the service you were provided. If the service is something you are already paying for in the bill then I would not tip (cab, fast food, coffee place, lawn service, haircut (which I do on my own now), etc). These are services you are paying these people for already.

Now for services you are not paying for in the bill like (waiter/waitress, pizza delivery, bell hop, etc) then I will tip. The exception is you get tipped what you put in. If service is lousy or they are just going through the motions and are annoyed then no/or really low tip. If they did a good job, average tip. If they did extrodinary, then very nice tip.

In the restaurant I work in many years ago, that comment would have got her fired immediately. No argument, no discussion, you fired.

The wait staff were not allowed to discuss the tips with the customers at all in any way. If a question was asked by the customer, the manager had to be called and handled it.

yuuuuuup! c'mon---i was a few bucks short of some recommendation. the service was fine--- no screwups, nothing outstanding. i can see a consult with the manager or even a whispered complaint, but to blurt out a complaint over a fine tip in my opinion was way outta line. its a tip--- lagniappe---a voluntary game we all play for the employees of a regulated industry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom