To Win It All (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Our QB situation is not really a situation, it will either be Drew or Taysom or a combo of both so that’s not my main issue. Honestly either one of these guys will get us in the playoffs b/c we have a pretty good team built around them. It’s winning the playoffs and beyond that’s the issue.

I love our coach, he seems like a good guy and a players coach but I have to be honest on what I see. Head coaching must get better. Esp in the playoffs. Must have your team come out, excited and ready to execute the plays. Must have a balanced attack, running the football esp when it’s working not just throwing the ball every time on screen passes. Also, must learn how to use time clock management better esp in the 4th Quarter if the game is close.

Rankins and Davenport must stay healthy esp in the post season. They have not been able to maintain a healthy season including the post season. This is a problem that needs to be fixed. These two are key on Defense for us to win everything in the playoffs next year. Cam is good but he can’t do it by himself. We need these two.

We need another good to great WR to go alongside Mike Thomas. No ifs ands or buts about it.

We need someone opposite of Lattimore and in place for when/if Lattimore gets hurt.

These are the keys really to winning it all.

Head coaching must get better and our defense must get a lot better. After watching the playoffs I realized that our D, outside of a few games, was not nearly as good as the rest of the playoff teams.

Many many many Saints fans scream "we need a better running game and better defense... that's why we lose in the playoffs".

I get it. Baltimore Ravens, Tennessee Titans, San Francisco 49ers have elite running games and elite defenses. They all lost too.

Simply put. You have to win the games you play in. Our roster is superbowl worthy. Just gotta win the games.

The absence of Line killed the teams running game. He did a lot for the offense. Saints gotta find another excellent FB.

Team speed especially on Defense, this one aspect will matter a lot next season.

Saints will play both Super Bowl teams from this year, the 49ers and the Chiefs next season.

While also playing the NFC North.

Need the Edge defenders to stay disciplined and set a solid edge, and will need players (most importantly Linebackers) that can run to the outside C gaps and make plays; not get outflanked by Mostert, Deebo on jet sweeps, the Chiefs speedsters on Offense, and Adam Jones and Dalvin Cook. Also have Christian McCaffrey in the division; and must do a better job Defending him next season.

Coaching is definitely an area that should improve. Can't have another Atlanta home game debacle where the team just looks flat, and uninspired coming off a Bye Week. The Saints might have to go 14-2 next season to ensure a bye. The road in the NFC will be tough.

Many many many Saints fans scream "we need a better running game and better defense... that's why we lose in the playoffs".

I get it. Baltimore Ravens, Tennessee Titans, San Francisco 49ers have elite running games and elite defenses. They all lost too.

Simply put. You have to win the games you play in. Our roster is superbowl worthy. Just gotta win the games.

Oh I don't disagree. All the games we played this year were winnable. That debacle against the Vikings notwithstanding.

However our defense is just not good. I am not even sure if they are average at this point. We had major injiries so that may have slowed things down late in the year. But how is our backfield ALWAYS so confused and out of position? we were just not good down the stretch.

Oh I don't disagree. All the games we played this year were winnable. That debacle against the Vikings notwithstanding.

However our defense is just not good. I am not even sure if they are average at this point. We had major injiries so that may have slowed things down late in the year. But how is our backfield ALWAYS so confused and out of position? we were just not good down the stretch.

We stink on 3rd and long... and in the 2-minute drill (which every defense sucks at). We're easily one of the best defenses in the league on 1st and 2nd down.

We're easily one of the best defenses in the league on 1st and 2nd down.

Games are not won on 1st and 2nd down, unfortunately.

Do you think it's bad coaching, bad play calling, or bad players that are to blame in those 3rd down and 2 minute drill situations?

Games are not won on 1st and 2nd down, unfortunately.

Do you think it's bad coaching, bad play calling, or bad players that are to blame in those 3rd down and 2 minute drill situations?

Honestly? I don't know. Seems like the past 3 years our defense has been good, but on 3rd and long, teams automatically go after the weakest link (Crawley / Apple), and it's either good for a 1st down or a penalty for a first down. Sometimes the penalty was on Crawley or Apple, but much of the time, the penalty is someone else.

With how much I distrust NFL refs, it's hard for me to look past flags as being the root cause of a lot of issues we've faced.

If our #2 CB gets burned? no flags. If they make the play? flags. If the flags were on the #2 CB, I'd get it. They fouled trying to make a play. But a hands to the face or defensive holding nowhere near where the actual play was taking place? hmmm... So my thoughts are biased on this subject.

Honestly? I don't know. Seems like the past 3 years our defense has been good, but on 3rd and long, teams automatically go after the weakest link (Crawley / Apple), and it's either good for a 1st down or a penalty for a first down. Sometimes the penalty was on Crawley or Apple, but much of the time, the penalty is someone else.

With how much I distrust NFL refs, it's hard for me to look past flags as being the root cause of a lot of issues we've faced.

If our #2 CB gets burned? no flags. If they make the play? flags. If the flags were on the #2 CB, I'd get it. They fouled trying to make a play. But a hands to the face or defensive holding nowhere near where the actual play was taking place? hmmm... So my thoughts are biased on this subject.

we went through a string of 6 or 7 games where the flags were just nonsensical and totally one sided. agree completely

This year Baltimore was probably the best team
Last year it was us and/or KC
Year before it sure wasn’t the Vikings
Point is, I don’t think you ‘plan’ for the Super Bowl - you plan to make playoffs (ie win division), then hope you are healthy and lucky enough to keep winning

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom