Today at work (1 Viewer)

That's rad! How are the models for the 2020 hurricane season? You think it's gonna be another wild ride this year?

1588345634994.png

Scorpious gets the Al Bundy award, this thread reminds me of...

1588345779580.png
LOL. Sorry, that is above my pay scale. I work in shipping. I just make sure they go were they are supposed to be.

LOL. Sorry, that is above my pay scale. I work in shipping. I just make sure they go were they are supposed to be.

Sounds like a good job, not a whole lot of stress.

Looks like some predictions are in.

"We predict one of the most active Atlantic hurricane seasons on record (20±4 named storms) | "The 2020 North Atlantic Hurricane Season: Penn State ESSC Forecast":

Kottlowksi's team is calling for 14-18 tropical storms during this upcoming season, which runs from June 1 through Nov. 30. Of those storms, seven to nine are forecast to become hurricanes, and two to four are predicted to strengthen into major hurricanes. “It's going to be an above-normal season,” Kottlowski said.

So I was at work today putting out plastic which means storage containers and things like that. Two ladies approach and ask me if we sell shovels. I say no. One of them then responded, "We have a dead body to bury." Then they walk away laughing. I do believe I said "oh" after the dead body part. I should've try to bargain with them saying I'll help for the right price. Alas I wasn't that good in that moment.

You should have just put them in touch with Carol Baskin.

Sounds like a good job, not a whole lot of stress.

Looks like some predictions are in.

"We predict one of the most active Atlantic hurricane seasons on record (20±4 named storms) | "The 2020 North Atlantic Hurricane Season: Penn State ESSC Forecast":

Kottlowksi's team is calling for 14-18 tropical storms during this upcoming season, which runs from June 1 through Nov. 30. Of those storms, seven to nine are forecast to become hurricanes, and two to four are predicted to strengthen into major hurricanes. “It's going to be an above-normal season,” Kottlowski said.

Just what we need in areas prone to hurricane landfalls. Think of the emergency shelters for those that are poor/do not have the physical means to evacuate to some place out of the immediate area to a family member, or friend’s location. It could be a nightmare scenario, with Covid 19 compounding the issue. We are being tested to no end.

So I was supposed to be off today but the truck got pushed back a day so I swapped days and had yesterday off. Instead of working today 8-12 I wound up working 8-10:30 but got double time so that was awesome. The truck sucked but that's usual plus I had to be in that thing by myself so I'd say I earned that double time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom