Today I Learned: Drew Brees is the highest paid NFL player ever. (1 Viewer)

Brady "sacrificed so much money" he's a whole 6.7 million bucks behind Brees on this list. :rolleyes:
He should be well ahead of him if we are being honest. This season is going to expose who Bill Beliceck and Tom Brady are, and it’s going to raise one’s reputation, and crash the other’s.

Great point, they would be $40m/$50m a year range. Hard to believe we had Brees at $10m a year for over a third of the time he was here. If I’m not mistaken his first contract was 6 years $60m and he played it out.

Easily in that range. Yes he sure did. 60 mill over 6 years. Granted, we took a chance on him, so it worked out great for both parties, but i dont remember a QB going to a new team on a really team/cap friendly deal and working out the way it did for us.

Todays, these guys would be breaking the bank.

I suspect Josh Allen will be next ( Mahomes already got his )

Side note- Ryan like no 6 on that list. lolol. ZERO rings. tee hee.

Poor Tom had to wait a couple extra years to buy his third yacht. So much sacrifice. Get out of here with that nonsense.
I’m not expecting anyone to have pity for the man from a financial standpoint, but if your office was doing budget cuts, or looking to grow headcount, and it impacted your earnings potential as the top employee in the office, that would still be considered a sacrifice if you stayed there. Even if you were pulling in $30M.

This.

He didn't complain, he came to work and won a superbowl, he deserved every dollar after he played this contract out.
Dude, have you been MIA? I was in Waveland, MS a couple weeks back, and I passed by Walmart. I was reminded of a conversation that you and I had a lifetime ago about playing street fighter at that Walmart.

I’m not expecting anyone to have pity for the man from a financial standpoint, but if your office was doing budget cuts, or looking to grow headcount, and it impacted your earnings potential as the top employee in the office, that would still be considered a sacrifice if you stayed there. Even if you were pulling in $30M.

how would growth affect earnings potential? Shoot, it would free me up to target larger accounts instead of spending time on much smaller, less-revenue earning accounts that could be handled by one of the newer hires.

That philosophy never made sense to me from a sales perspective.

Last 2 yrs, yes.
the 7 before that? this is a conversation about his entire career earnings. not last year.

Last year for sure- arm was not what it should have been. Year prior....nope defense choked. Year before that...no call. Year before that- defense yet again.

2011? hello defense choking. 2012-13 - NFL imposed sanctions. Mired with loss of picks and rebuilding for 14-17 and we were always competitive with Drew at QB.

Yeah he was worth it.

Gisele is worth roughly $450 million and gets about $50 million per year. Tom Brady is worth roughly $250 million...with a ton of his money coming on side ventures. For a couple that is worth $700 million...him shaving a few million is absolutely nothing. Meanwhile Brees has a net worth of about $160 million...a quarter of the power couple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom