Today I Learned: Drew Brees is the highest paid NFL player ever. (1 Viewer)

Gisele is worth roughly $450 million and gets about $50 million per year. Tom Brady is worth roughly $250 million...with a ton of his money coming on side ventures. For a couple that is worth $700 million...him shaving a few million is absolutely nothing. Meanwhile Brees has a net worth of about $160 million...a quarter of the power couple.
And that’s all well and good, but it’s like Lebron James when he was playing with the Cavaliers. He brought more value than the team could offer because of salary cap limitations. The value Lebron brought to the team when he was with the Cavs was shown by the business done in and around Cleveland when he was there, and when he left. Tom was worth so much more than his contract, and the team couldn’t pay him more due to salary cap limitations. He should have been paid more, but he stayed with the team and helped them win, and build value.

I don’t care if he was making $10/hr or $10,000,000/hr, him taking that amount when he is valued at $10.01 or $10,000,001 is him making a sacrifice. I would say the same thing about you if you were earning less than your worth.

And that’s all well and good, but it’s like Lebron James when he was playing with the Cavaliers. He brought more value than the team could offer because of salary cap limitations. The value Lebron brought to the team when he was with the Cavs was shown by the business done in and around Cleveland when he was there, and when he left. Tom was worth so much more than his contract, and the team couldn’t pay him more due to salary cap limitations. He should have been paid more, but he stayed with the team and helped them win, and build value.

I don’t care if he was making $10/hr or $10,000,000/hr, him taking that amount when he is valued at $10.01 or $10,000,001 is him making a sacrifice. I would say the same thing about you if you were earning less than your worth.
If he would have left...he would have made less in indorsements. So I just don't buy it. Brady is a good business man. He didn't do it out of charity...he did it because he 1) could afford to do it, and 2) in the end he'd make more from his drop in the bucket sacrifice. Also...a good argument could be made that Brees should have made more as well. Of course he made the most...but that's because he played a REALLY long time. Outside of Brady, who is the richest player in NFL history because of his wife, Brees did it longer at a higher level than anyone else. But there were lots of inferior players who were making more than Brees on a per year basis while he played.

If he would have left...he would have made less in indorsements. So I just don't buy it. Brady is a good business man. He didn't do it out of charity...he did it because he 1) could afford to do it, and 2) in the end he'd make more from his drop in the bucket sacrifice. Also...a good argument could be made that Brees should have made more as well. Of course he made the most...but that's because he played a REALLY long time. Outside of Brady, who is the richest player in NFL history because of his wife, Brees did it longer at a higher level than anyone else. But there were lots of inferior players who were making more than Brees on a per year basis while he played.
Brady is proving right now that he is doing it better, and longer.

Teams don’t pay endorsements, this list doesn’t take into account endorsements or what a wife makes. You have to separate the two.

Brady is proving right now that he is doing it better, and longer.

Teams don’t pay endorsements, this list doesn’t take into account endorsements or what a wife makes. You have to separate the two.
Exactly...Tom Brady is worth more than Drew Brees...even if Giselle was out of the equation. He did that by endorsements.

Exactly...Tom Brady is worth more than Drew Brees...even if Giselle was out of the equation. He did that by endorsements.
Yes, but he took less in salary in order for the team to win. You can call that an investment in his brand I suppose, but the fact is he could have made more than he did during his time in NE.

I think it's pretty clear that Brady is the GOAT.

It's debatable the way that everything subjective is debatable, but the stats, the rings, playing with a different organization and putting up the same stats and getting a ring with a different organization...

Brady is the GOAT easy..

Last year's stat line:
20201621016161068.png
Buccaneers

He deserved, with no results!

Its not about how many rings Brees win that decides rather he deserves it or not but rather how much money he brings to the saints organization and how they value his worth. If there are more people willing spend more money on games, rather increase primetime games or results on field etc. he was worth it. Anyone can arugue results but you cant argue that Brees helped increased the value of saints brand as a whole.

Its not about how many rings Brees win that decides rather he deserves it or not but rather how much money he brings to the saints organization and how they value his worth. If there are more people willing spend more money on games, rather increase primetime games or results on field etc. he was worth it. Anyone can arugue results but you cant argue that Brees helped increased the value of saints brand as a whole.
without a doubt He's the most valuable player of all time to any organization.

I can't think of any player for any organization that's ever meant more to that organization than Brees has meant to the Saints.

Namath - Jets
Unitas - Colts

both close -

But from a galvanizing/rebuilding and finding our "mojo" - its Brees hands down. He simply meant more to his respective City than anyone i can remember.

Now if Montana had done this post Great San Fran fire, then id say its debatable lol

I am more impressed that Brady sacrificed 60 million so his team could win at all costs. Stuff like that is why he's the GOAT and it isn't even debatable at this point
I couldn't agree more. Was the 1 Super Bowl and all those 7-9 seasons worth mortgaging the future for? Only time will tell. What I hope is that Jameis lights it up and shows us what we SHOULD HAVE done last year.

Saying that that nonsense "isn't debatable" is ludicrous.

Brady cheated his way to multiple championships.

Brady had probowl receivers on a yearly basis. Brees NEVER had a probowl receiver until the final few years of his career.

Brees has defeated EVERY team in the NFL, something Favre did, and something Brady HOPES to finally do this year.

Brees never got benched while playing against brady...

EVERYTHING is debatable.
Come on, man. Take off your homer glasses.

One can easily argue that the saints cheated their way to their lone championship.

pro bowl receivers EVERY year? You mean 2007? Brady wasn’t surrounded by great receivers.

Beating every team isn’t that big of a deal...especially when a player played for one team for 20 years.

Don’t be ridiculous. There’s not debate. This year sealed it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom