Today was one game, but let us be grateful for a career. (1 Viewer)

WCoastSaintsFan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Drew Brees will always be the bar that we measure all Saints QB's with. He came to New Orleans when the city was as damaged as he was and turned in a hall of fame career and made the Saints a team synonymous with winning. May we always look back at that man as a competitor, a leader and a winner. Today was just one game and more than likely the last game of a hero to the Who Dat nation. We should take some time to celebrate him rather than judge his likely final NFL game.

We love you Drew. Thank you for everything.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Always will be a legendary hero in my book.

SubmarineMike

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well I, for one, despise Drew Brees as a person, as much as I appreciate him for his QB play.

He single-handedly made me feel entirely inadequate in every facet of my life. Maybe now, the guy can take a nap or a day off like a normal person? C'mon dude. Do it for the rest of us.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
Drew was the QB for 150 Saints victories.
To put that in historical perspective, it took the Saints as a franchise 26 seasons to win 150 games. Drew did it in just 15 seasons.

He’s been the QB for just about every truly memorable game the Saints have played. It’s the end of an era. Thank you Drew!

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a guy who never had an elite arm. He made it twenty years working his butt off. He did everything he could to be as strong as he could. He took excellent care of his body. He was often times the smartest player on the field. He was incredibly prepared. He led by example. He always spoke with class and handled himself like the leader he was. He is the most accurate QB in NFL history. He helped bring back New Orleans from ruin. He energized an entire region.

I'm thankful for Drew Brees.

Reaction score
Drew Brees will always be the bar that we measure all Saints QB's with. He came to New Orleans when the city was as damaged as he was and turned in a hall of fame career and made the Saints a team synonymous with winning. May we always look back at that man as a competitor, a leader and a winner. Today was just one game and more than likely the last game of a hero to the Who Dat nation. We should take some time to celebrate him rather than judge his likely final NFL game.

We love you Drew. Thank you for everything.
Well said.

DCTransplant

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the Saints are still in New Orleans without Drew Brees. He came here when the franchise was floundering and the city was hurting. He leaves having brought this city a championship and the Saints being one of the strongest model organizations in football.

Could we have won more? Sure! Was this a disappointing ending? Absolutely! But watch Drew handle it all with class, like he always does. I love how he has represented our team and our city for all of these years.

We've all seen regression this year. Was it age, wear and tear, the ribs? Hard to say. For me, its helped me accept that its time.

But I will always hold Drew in the highest regard. Any shortcomings he has pale in comparison to all of the positives and consistent greatness. He has continually amazed me with the things he was able to do.

Thanks for everything Drew. Saint QB for all time!!

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There was a time when a defender would piss off Brees with some cheap shot and Drew would get laser eyes and embarrass that bum out of the dome. That is the Brees I remember.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom