Today's Gameday Menu? (1 Viewer)

Cornbeef and cabbage - in honor of the first cold snap of the year. Probably some cornbread, too. I may make kevin's buffalo chicken dip - I have all the ingredients so I keep thinking about it!

What is it about the first sign of cold weather that makes us wanna cook big pots of hot food? I love it!

Smoked chicken and sweet Italian sausage with grilled veggies

Last edited:
I have Country style ribs and sausage in Puff right now. Sausage is probably ready, the ribs should be done about half time. Actually need to go grab the sausage now and get set for kick-off!

WHO DAT!!

I made a horrible tactical error the first game of the year. I had a bowl of top ramen and a can of four-loco. So Ive had to repeat this every game and will repeat it every game unless we lose. Top Ramen and four loco at 9 in the morning is no way to live your life kids, but Im making that sacrifice for the Saints mojo.

I made a horrible tactical error the first game of the year. I had a bowl of top ramen and a can of four-loco. So Ive had to repeat this every game and will repeat it every game unless we lose. Top Ramen and four loco at 9 in the morning is no way to live your life kids, but Im making that sacrifice for the Saints mojo.

Thank you. We appreciate it!!!! :D

Bump.

Just because I'm hungry and wanted to see if anybody has any ideas for food yet.

It looks like I'm going to have some leftover ham by then (bought a spiral cut- they always have that chunk), so I'm thinking of doing up a pot of white beans. If that next cold front comes through, that's definitely the plan. :9:

For my fellow Houstonians, Rice Epicurean market has whole beef tenderloins on sale for $5.99 a pound and live lobsters for $6.99 a pound. Also Central Market has their bone in ribeyes on sale for $7.99 a pound. The ribeyes are thick cut and just great pieces of meat, they are my favorite to cook and eat.
IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

thats an 8" chefs knife for size comparison

It's the white beans. They weren't ready until just before half-time. Coincidence? I think not! And they are cooking in my grandmother's magnalite white bean pot. :D I wasn't in town 16 years ago, when my mother, aunt and uncle divided up her things between the grandchildren, but was thrilled when I found that pot in my stack! She was a diehard Saints fan. Now you know the rest of the story... Whodat!

Edit: After posting this, things got bad, so I deleted it until after the game!

It's gotta be the white beans, Sharon.

I did a chicken n Andouille gumbo with potato salad and cornbread. It was freakin awesome!

Does the white bean tradition apply to Monday night games as well?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom