Todd Grantham joins Saints staff (1 Viewer)

We do not have the LB's needed to run a 3-4.

I believe the Saints were 5th in the league in sacks. Jordan led the team with 8 sacks, but the second and third guys in sacks were LBs. Ellis and Davis. It may not be that hard. The Saints certainly haven't had a lot of success with DEs since they let TRex go.

Blame him, but Saban doesnt get all the best players anymore. Sabans a good coach, but its easier if u have the best players
This girl I workout with went to Bama, loves them. She complained so much about their defense and was saying they needed to get rid of the defensive coaches.

It's the first thing I thought of when I seen this thread on this hire.

We do not have the LB's needed to run a 3-4.

Agreed, I don't think we have the lineman for it either for that matter.

I don't really know what Grantham will be doing as assistant so I'm not going to pass judgement just yet but I know plenty of Gators fans while he was there (and still this year even though he was gone) calling 3rd and longs, 3rd and Grantham and that wasn't a compliment either. The best part about this news for me is that he isn't going to be the DC.

I do remember DA saying some years ago when he became the DC, he wanted to be able to run multiple fronts. Maybe with Grantham and if they would hire Joe Woods they could install certain variations of the 3-4 defense. We just don't have all the right players to run a complete 3-4 defense. I'm just thinking out loud, trying to figure out what's going on with the defense, trying to get a sense of what DA wants to do, but it's just as blurry as ever. I don't think we'll know until after all the coaching hires are done before we actually know.
In reply to myself, I was not saying that we will switch exclusively to a 3-4 Defense, just variations to add to what we already do on defense. It would be nice to see the old 3-4 defense we ran in the Dome Patrol days.

Agreed, I don't think we have the lineman for it either for that matter.

I don't really know what Grantham will be doing as assistant so I'm not going to pass judgement just yet but I know plenty of Gators fans while he was there (and still this year even though he was gone) calling 3rd and longs, 3rd and Grantham and that wasn't a compliment either. The best part about this news for me is that he isn't going to be the DC.
Nah we don't have the ideal group. We don't have the NT, but I do feel like Cam & Davenport could play the end spot in a 3-4. They are stout against the run. Onyemata could play DE in a 3-4 on rush downs for sure. It's the OLB position in that scheme that bothers me the most.

Nah we don't have the ideal group. We don't have the NT, but I do feel like Cam & Davenport could play the end spot in a 3-4. They are stout against the run. Onyemata could play DE in a 3-4 on rush downs for sure. It's the OLB position in that scheme that bothers me the most.
Only one of those three DL is under contract, and Cam is a free agent next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom