Todd Grantham to be interviewed (1 Viewer)

I rather the DC from Georgia. Rob Ryan havent had a top 10 defense since he been coaching. Word out of Dallas is that his scheme is to complex and players just wasnt getting it. Instead of your top pass rusher (WARE) going after the QB he was dropping back in pass coverage and Lbers one on one with slot WR. Ryan would be a bad choice for Saints. Go with the youngster in Grantham. He will bring a new vibe to Saints defense. Tired of these old coaches man. We need someone who can come in and vibe with his players and they want to play for him. NO to ROB RYAN!!!

Dallas Cowboys defense was very much healthy and the Seahawks and Bears put points on Rob Defense. Ryan is not the answer in NO...

Your offense giving up 5 interceptions including two pick 6's doesn't help (vs. Bears)
Against the Seahawks Ryan lost Sensabaugh, Albright, Coleman, Church, Lee, and Spears while the offense threw an interception, lost a fumble and the special teams had a punt blocked for a touchdown.

All of this was Ryan's fault? :jpshakehead:

Against the Seahawks, Felix Jones fumbled the opening kick off that allowed to 3 points. Then Romo threw a pick 6 the next possession. The Defense only allowed 17 points

Against Chicago, Romo had 5 ints with 2 pick 6's. Cant blame the Defense for allowing 20 points on the other 3 ints and other drives.

They had 7 starters go down for the year PLUS others miss games. Dallas was in the top 5 in defense till they lost all those starters

Beat me to it. :9:

Why would we want a coach who couldn't figure out how to stop an Alabama team that ran for over 300 yards on his defence with all that "talent"?

If Saban was up for the DC spot, I'd be cheering for him.

I seriously doubt that Ryan could have stopped Saban's team.

I really think the NFL ought to have an absolute 100% ironclad rule that each team can define only one OC and one DC (or none if HC does that). Anyone else on the coaching staff can interview for the other team's OC or DC role without any permission involved. This would prevent abuse of any "promotion" by calling a position coaching slot "assistant head something", but would be fair to all involved. If you don't want to promote your OL coach to OC and someone else does, he should be 100% free to move to a better job.

You think he was referring to Ed Donatell? 49ers already denied permission for him.

He said on mike and mike this morning that they will interview 2-4 candidates. With Donatell out as an option that means 2-3. I think the other person is Teryl Austin, the DB coach for the Ravens.

Against the Seahawks, Felix Jones fumbled the opening kick off that allowed to 3 points. Then Romo threw a pick 6 the next possession. The Defense only allowed 17 points

Against Chicago, Romo had 5 ints with 2 pick 6's. Cant blame the Defense for allowing 20 points on the other 3 ints and other drives.

They had 7 starters go down for the year PLUS others miss games. Dallas was in the top 5 in defense till they lost all those starters

Top 5 through what week? What about his other 8 years as DC?

Todd Grantham was the DC of the browns under Romeo Crennel, so they teach the same Defense i would suspect, and Romeo was the top choice, so he may be the guy. But those browns went 6-10 and 4-12 under him

He said on mike and mike this morning that they will interview 2-4 candidates. With Donatell out as an option that means 2-3. I think the other person is Teryl Austin, the DB coach for the Ravens.

terry Austin has never been a DC in the NFL, kind of worries me some.

True, but neither has Tomsula and loads were craving him as our DC.

Ever since Rob Ryan left Belichick's staff in 03, he has really taken some terrible jobs. Part of being a successful coach is being careful about your movements, always putting yourself in positions where you at least have an opportunity for success. He leaves the Pats and goes to the Raiders under Norv Turner, Art Shell , and last , but not least , Lane Kiffin . Can you imagine what that must of felt like ? After coaching under Belichick to coach under Kiffin ! Then he goes to Cleveland in what appears to be a good situation with Mangini , ex- Belichick disciple , as head coach. After one year , Holmgren comes in as GM. All of a sudden you know that the time limit on your rebuilding project just got alot shorter. The following year, Mike brings in his own guys. Now he goes to Dallas, who fired Wade in midseason the year before , and elevated young and inexperienced Jason Garrett as head coach. That was a volatile situation to begin with. There are many people that feel the wrong person was let go.As a coach , he's hungry to prove himself. I like that. As a DC he has never been in a stable situation like the one we have here with Benson, Loomis and Payton. I hope he gets it. I think he deserves a shot with a good organization that actually has an offense .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom