Todd Grantham to be interviewed (1 Viewer)

Go with the youngster in Grantham. He will bring a new vibe to Saints defense. Tired of these old coaches man.

Actually Ryan is only 3 or 4 years older than Grantham, but for some reason he looks like a hobo on speed!

I rather the DC from Georgia. Rob Ryan havent had a top 10 defense since he been coaching. Word out of Dallas is that his scheme is to complex and players just wasnt getting it. Instead of your top pass rusher (WARE) going after the QB he was dropping back in pass coverage and Lbers one on one with slot WR. Ryan would be a bad choice for Saints. Go with the youngster in Grantham. He will bring a new vibe to Saints defense. Tired of these old coaches man. We need someone who can come in and vibe with his players and they want to play for him. NO to ROB RYAN!!!

Dallas Cowboys defense was very much healthy and the Seahawks and Bears put points on Rob Defense. Ryan is not the answer in NO...
Against the Seahawks, Felix Jones fumbled the opening kick off that allowed to 3 points. Then Romo threw a pick 6 the next possession. The Defense only allowed 17 points

Against Chicago, Romo had 5 ints with 2 pick 6's. Cant blame the Defense for allowing 20 points on the other 3 ints and other drives.

They had 7 starters go down for the year PLUS others miss games. Dallas was in the top 5 in defense till they lost all those starters

If Rob Ryan was our guy why would Grantham come to interview and not simply go to Philly?

I'm ok with Ryan if he's Payton's guy, but I have to admit I will laugh for 5-10 minutes straight if there are two announcements that Ryan has been hired on ESPN and he's still jobless. Just the humor of the "breaking news" getting caught ahead of the press conference making it official will be too funny. Nothing personal against Ryan, but happening twice would be too cool.

RG111 made D Ware look foolish with that spread option, and from the looks of things, RR didnt have a clue how to stop it.:scratch:

If we need a new face as a DC, and maybe a college coach, why not go for the best
there is , you know that "Smart" guy from Alabama?

SP just said at the hornets game there's a third candidate can't name him cause still waiting on permission from club. Said Grantham was coming in later this evening, Rob Ryan tomorrow

SP just said at the hornets game there's a third candidate can't name him cause still waiting on permission from club. Said Grantham was coming in later this evening, Rob Ryan tomorrow

So either a Ravens position coach, or another college guy?

You think he was referring to Ed Donatell? 49ers already denied permission for him.

If Rob Ryan was our guy why would Grantham come to interview and not simply go to Philly?

We never heard Payton say Rob was our guy. I believe he is being judicious in his hiring process, like he said. Hiring someone as fast as they say we(Saints) hired Rob Ryan would kinda go against the idea of taking our time in my opinion.

You think he was referring to Ed Donatell? 49ers already denied permission for him.

I think this is a different coach in question, I personally don't think he'd bring up the third candidate if he already knew we know that Donatell was denied

I wonder what the situation is with Tomsula? Has he been denied permission to interview too?

That's what I'm cautiously optimistic about. We have only heard so far that Donnatel was denied... Nothing about Tomsula yet. Really hoping we can land him.

Why would we want a coach who couldn't figure out how to stop an Alabama team that ran for over 300 yards on his defence with all that "talent"?

Agreed but how many teams run it? I'm not sure on Grantham or Ryan at this point but is it that important to pick him over Ryan? I'm thinking "must be able to work with the talent we have" guy at this point. Not dissin ya just askin.

Well as far as spread and pistol variants, I think you're going to be seeing more since that's all that's coming out of college and coaches will eventually have to adapt to the talent that's out there. RGIII being a great example of how you can be successful running something like that in the pros and I'm sure others will follow suit.

I would expect its usage to grow beyond the current handful of teams using such schemes...which is....49ers, Seahawks, Panthers, Redskins....do the Colts use it any?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom