N/S Todd Haley hired as offensive coordinator at a Sarasota high school (2 Viewers)

That's how I ended up feeling about it. Especially when you consider the millions of dollars he's made already. Giving something back to high school kids in the town where he lives is pretty cool. I always thought he came off as a jerk when coaching in the NFL but not anymore.
Yea totally! The only thing I dug about him was that dirty old hat he would wear. I’m guilty of that too sometimes! Hahah

but yea I mean you know for him to give back to that level is good. As long as he doesn’t big time the other coaches on the staff that aren’t ex pros

Being a HS coach would be great. you get to play a prominent role into shaping young lives. He should have plenty of money, so I would think it's a win for everyone.

Isn't this what we are all supposed to do? Have success and failures in life and then bring that back to develop the next generation. There's something to be said about having a purpose and developing our youth and not just chasing a paycheck.

I really don't understand this board sometimes. There is actually a thread making fun of a player for having a medical procedure to improve his way of life and it could help him improve his performance in his profession.

Isn't this what we are all supposed to do? Have success and failures in life and then bring that back to develop the next generation. There's something to be said about having a purpose and developing our youth and not just chasing a paycheck.

I really don't understand this board sometimes. There is actually a thread making fun of a player for having a medical procedure to improve his way of life and it could help him improve his performance in his profession.
Any time a pro coach goes and teaches high schoolers that is a big positive. Well said Harsch

Doug Pederson did the same thing and was a head coach at a high school. I think he turned out fine.

Doug Pederson did the same thing and was a head coach at a high school. I think he turned out fine.
He went from the NFL back to high school before going back to the NFL? I didn't know that. I've heard his resumé having coaching high school on it (when they were in the Super Bowl and they tell you every little thing about every single player/coach) but always just assumed that it was where he started coaching.

And to be clear, I was genuinely curious as to how people would perceive this when I started the thread. There was a pretty negative reaction to it on twitter calling him a washed up loser, etc., so I wanted to see what the board here thinks since twitter is the kingdom of keyboard warriors who just love to trash any and everything.

He went from the NFL back to high school before going back to the NFL? I didn't know that. I've heard his resumé having coaching high school on it (when they were in the Super Bowl and they tell you every little thing about every single player/coach) but always just assumed that it was where he started coaching.
You are correct. I should've looked first. He went to the high school the year after he retired from playing. Good catch

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom