Todd McShay's guide to every combine drill. (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Considering it's McShay these are actually fairly good reads for those interested in understanding position drills.

For a large WR and TE the shuttle is an important drill because it demonstrates ability to gain separation on their breaks.

For a large WR and TE the shuttle is an important drill because it demonstrates ability to gain separation on their breaks.

Especially for the wr screen where lateral movement is vital.

I think the vertical is definitely important at the catch point for contested catches though.

Marques Colston was a great example of that.

Considering it's McShay these are actually fairly good reads for those interested in understanding position drills.

great read. Thanks for posting!

3 of the top 5 wrs on screens in 2018 had sub 4.20 shuttles.

Cooks actually set the record for shuttle time at the combine in 2014.

For pass rushers It's worth nothing that only 3 had sub 7.00 3 cone times:

Jayson Oweh
Rashad Weaver
Patrick Turner

Jonathan Cooper and Shaka Toney also had respectable 3 cones of 7.00

Jalen Phillips meanwhile had a better shuttle than only one linebacker as a DE in the draft and had a 1.59 10 yard split.

Am I missing something, or does this graphic from the McShay article not have anything to do with the 3-cone drill?

1618370587022.png

Especially for the wr screen where lateral movement is vital.

I think the vertical is definitely important at the catch point for contested catches though.

Marques Colston was a great example of that.
Criminally underrated receiver. A true gem.

Cooks actually set the record for shuttle time at the combine in 2014.

No denying Cooks athletic ability, but with all that speed and quickness he wasn't what I would call elusive and he also didn't appear to have great field vision running after the catch....

Criminally underrated receiver. A true gem.

When you look at Colston's size and combine numbers you would think someone would have snatched him up earlier in the draft....glad he fell to us, my favorite Saint of all time....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom