Toledo Bend (1 Viewer)

saintbilly25

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We are leaving tonight for a 4 day stay in a cabin at Toledo Bend. It will be our first trip there and really our first trip fishing a lake like that at all. We fish for bass, but usually in the marshes around Caenarvon and Delacroix. If anybody has any general advice on the lake, it would be greatly appreciated. The weather looks great for Thursday and Friday before a cold front is expected to move through Saturday evening.

Go to the tackle store or at the landing bait shop and find out the pattern(which part of the lake) and baits they are hitting on. Found that they are always ready to talk fishing. Only been fishing there in the spring, so can't help you with fall fishing.

I could tell you where to catch some sac's but I don't fish bass. T-Town would be a good place to stop by and ask around. Best fishes!!

I could tell you where to catch some sac's but I don't fish bass. T-Town would be a good place to stop by and ask around. Best fishes!!

Without you having to give too much info, I would appreciate any info given in regards to sac a lait's. We will primarily be bass fishing, but definitely plan on doing some crappie fishing as well. I'm a complete novice with them. I caught a few in ponds in the past while bass fishing with a plastic worm, but never actually fished for them. Thanks in advance.

If you fish over by the spillway....where the water is cold and deep....you can catch striper bass. They put up a good fight.

I have 20 acres on the lake with 2 cabins. It's been years since I have been up there so I couldn't tell you much about the fishing. Had some great times as a kid out there with my brothers and sisters.

Sac's aren't on the brush piles anymore, there in the river channel. Get you a few 1/2 oz weights, some #4 shiner hooks, a lb of shiners and go to the 9th piling of the pendelton bridge on the Louisiana side and drop that little bait all the way down between the pilings, let it hit the bottom and then crank it up a few times and just hold on. Good luck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom