VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I just saw the causeway doesn’t take cash for tolls anymore
If you don’t have the tag they send a bill

What if someone is driving a rental?

So the tolls are taking a toll

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAH

I crack myself up

The rental company bills you for the toll plus a $20 processing fee.

Ask me how I know.
Same for the Florida Turnpike. I'll be driving a rental in a few weeks taking the boy to college... I wish I had the removable transponder..

Same for the Florida Turnpike. I'll be driving a rental in a few weeks taking the boy to college... I wish I had the removable transponder..

I have a removable Florida transponder. They're $20. You will save that in one toll.

Also, the SunPass website/app sucks.

Going North there is no more booths. Going south take I-55, or I-10 by way of the nice I-12 . Might be a little out of the way but saves the hassle and does not let the Causeway Commission steal your money. Enjoy our scenic Interstate system.

Last edited:
I have a removable Florida transponder. They're $20. You will save that in one toll.

Maybe I should update it.... i.e. buy the removable one (I think it's still an option).

Seconded on the website.. it has taken me like 10 years to finally get everything set up correctly, and to finally be able to use my SunPass at the airport parking lot.

Going North there is no more booths. Going south take I-55, or I-10 by way of the nice I-12 . Might be a little out of the way but saves the hassle and does not let the Causeway Commission steal your money. Enjoy our scenic Interstate system.

That’s a *lot* out of the way.. and I’m pretty sure you’ll spend more on the extra gas that’ll take you (even with lower gas prices) than just paying the toll.. i think that was their reasoning when they eliminated the south shore toll booths probably 20 yrs ago now, they knew it wouldnt make sense for anyone to go the other ways.

There were work days for me though, where i had to go from NOLA to Mandeville, then to Baton Rouge and back to NOLA- therefore avoiding the Causeway tolls, which felt like a small victory.. but wouldnt work if just going to NOLA to Northshore and back.

Maybe I should update it.... i.e. buy the removable one (I think it's still an option).

Seconded on the website.. it has taken me like 10 years to finally get everything set up correctly, and to finally be able to use my SunPass at the airport parking lot.

I have a sticker Sun Pass on our main vehicle and a portable Sun Pass that kids or friends use all tied to the same account. You can buy them at Walgreens or Publix. Yes the website sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom