Tom benson (1 Viewer)

My understanding is that Dennis Lauscha is essentially Tom Benson's empowered proxy in the organization. In other words, for the Saints' rank-and-file, Dennis Lauscha saying something = Benson himself saying it.

Lauscha's name is rarely brought up on SaintsReport ... I sometimes think when someone bashes Loomis, they're really and unwittingly aiming at Lauscha.
I don't think there is clear understanding of where the exercise of judgement and decision making around accountability resides if Benson is not competent or when he passes.

I heard the deal with Lauscha mentioned but does that really mean Lauscha has authority on his own to step in and say 'enough' and fire Payton and/or Loomis and take over the reigns?

He was shown standing.

He's also 89 years old, is constantly being held by Gayle. He doesn't do any more interviews or public speaking appearances. The team has a very structured media format that doesn't allow him to speak more than a sentence or two at a time. You get things like last night where it looks like he knows he is supposed to be singing but not quite sure why during the national anthem. You get his entire family basically saying he has lost most function. He's removed himself from day to day operations of the teams.

So no, he wasn't laying on his death bed but there are plenty of reason to suspect that there are some serious health concerns.

His entire family? Not hardly. The serpents who were trying to take the franchises sure. His other family, the ones not financially dependant on him, have testified that he is just fine, albeit for a nearly ninety year old man.

He is of sound mind. That may not last too long though. But Dennis Lauscha has power of attorney over all of his affairs, according to his amended will. So any transfers of anything have already taken place.

I heard the deal with Lauscha mentioned but does that really mean Lauscha has authority on his own to step in and say 'enough' and fire Payton and/or Loomis and take over the reigns?

This might be one of the accountability issue the Saints organization has. Gayle, apparently, now outranks Lauscha ... so if Lauscha tried to move on Loomis or Payton, maybe Loomis/Payton appeal to Gayle (and thus, indirectly, to TB).

This might be one of the accountability issue the Saints organization has. Gayle, apparently, now outranks Lauscha ... so if Lauscha tried to move on Loomis or Payton, maybe Loomis/Payton appeal to Gayle (and thus, indirectly, to TB).
I guess that's the question I'm getting at, really.

Does Gayle become Georgia Frontiere at some point when Tom passes and are we subject to her judgement, or did Benson define some kind of structure that shields her from football decisions and at least in theory would let power reside with someone with some sound football/business knowledge?

He looks okay to me.

BensonDrinkStrongSaints.gif

His entire family? Not hardly. The serpents who were trying to take the franchises sure. His other family, the ones not financially dependant on him, have testified that he is just fine, albeit for a nearly ninety year old man.

He is of sound mind. That may not last too long though. But Dennis Lauscha has power of attorney over all of his affairs, according to his amended will. So any transfers of anything have already taken place.
You mean the people SP and Loomis were against?

I guess that's the question I'm getting at, really.

Does Gayle become Georgia Frontiere at some point when Tom passes and are we subject to her judgement, or did Benson define some kind of structure that shields her from football decisions and at least in theory would let power reside with someone with some sound football/business knowledge?

Great question, and I really don't know.

The more I read about Lauscha, the more apparent it is that he is not a football guy, either. Loomis kind of is not one, either. So ... the highest ranking "football guy" in the building is ... Sean Payton?

Great question, and I really don't know.

The more I read about Lauscha, the more apparent it is that he is not a football guy, either. Loomis kind of is not one, either. So ... the highest ranking "football guy" in the building is ... Sean Payton?
Seems that way.

Down the line looks like you need to identify someone to be something like President/CEO/GM who has an NFL background to be the true football leadership of the organization, but maybe the intent is already for Loomis to be in that role and we are where we are.

Right, even Benson knows (or has no idea) that he isn't up to it anymore which makes the point of this thread kind of pointless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom