Tom Brady and Randy Moss Quit Pro Bowl (1 Viewer)

I think the obvious reason with Moss is that if they had won last night he'd of been much more apt of been resigned. Now that they've lost he has no idea if he'll be around next year. No reason to risk injury if you know your going to be on the market now.

I guess Moss' timing is what is a little "iffy"...he may have valid reasons for backing out, but to do so the day after losing the Super Bowl gives the appearance of "sore loser". I'm not saying he is a sore loser at all, but his timing is poor -- unless he was dinged up in the Super Bowl, then the timing makes sense.

I wonder if players should remove their names from the ballot early on, if they have no intention of playing...? Then the fans can vote for players who truly plan to be there (realizing that injuries will knock some out, i.e. Brady).

I guess you all forgot Moss' classless act the end of the game last night too right.

At least Belicheck shook Coughlins hand. Moss hit the locker room without congratulating one guy.

If they win the Super Bowl, MOSS goes to the pro bowl.

LOL

That's obvious.. wake up.

Since when do any of the opposing players in the superbowl stay and celebrate with the winning team? Seriously? Unless a player is really good friends with an opposing teams player they don't.

Lol

UFC, you yourself pointed out that this happens all the time.

If you're hating on Moss, then I assume your hatred of Turley is just as high, and if so I applaud you. But the point is, skipping a Pro Bowl whether it's for a parade, or injury, or golf happens all the time.

Tomlinson and Romo might be doing it as well. :shrug:

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/romo_skipping_pro_bowl_to_play_golf.html

Wow, I must've really gotten under your skin to have you go digging up posts of mine from months ago, lol.

There is a big difference between someone skipping the Pro Bowl because he already had a prior commitment and someone skipping the Pro Bowl just because he lost his last game. And for your information I don't hate Moss. I have always respected his talent. Matter of fact, back when he was up for the Heisman I thought he should've finished 2nd. You just love sitting back and attacking anyone's posts who doesn't agree with you.

Your right ask this guy:

The worst part of the Robert Edwards story is how the NFL then sic'd their lawyers on him to avoid paying him injury compensation despite the fact that Edwards got hurt at a sanctioned Pro Bowl event (rookie beach exhibition football game).

Its the probowl. Do you guys REALLY care about this? I mean come on. The pro bowl!!

The Pro Bowl game itself is stupid. Whoever gets selected should just get a free vacation to Hawaii and play flag football or nothing at all. Seriously, I'd rather watch the Pro Flag Bowl than the regular one. Who cares if someone skips? What Saints player was it that skipped a Pro Bowl or two because he doesn't like to fly? The reason is meaningless because the game is meaningless.

Wow, I must've really gotten under your skin to have you go digging up posts of mine from months ago, lol.

There is a big difference between someone skipping the Pro Bowl because he already had a prior commitment and someone skipping the Pro Bowl just because he lost his last game.

Well, I don't completely agree about commitments, but I concede your point. That said, you haven't addressed the issue regarding other players who've skipped out on the Pro Bowl for no cause. I just think if Moss is going to be drug into this, then you have to hold everyone to the same standard...if you do, I have no issue with your stance. Also, it's been pointed out already but Brett Favre has skipped 5 straight Pro Bowls and again this year he has a mysterious "ankle injury" despite not being listed on the injury report, and not getting hurt in the NFCCG.

You just love sitting back and attacking anyone's posts who doesn't agree with you.

Not everyone, there are quite a few I agree with regularly, and a number of them are on this thread. I just happen to completely disagree with you and others on this, unless as I mentioned above you hold everyone to the same standard. But so far neither you nor others on this thread have remarked on anyone but Moss...as if he is the only culprit.

It doesn't bother me one bit. The probowl is a joke, the officiating is a joke and alot of the players are plain average. The Giants had ONE probowl player (Usi) and just look at how many teams they knocked of with gobs PB players!!

I guess you all forgot Moss' classless act the end of the game last night too right.

At least Belicheck shook Coughlins hand. Moss hit the locker room without congratulating one guy.

If they win the Super Bowl, MOSS goes to the pro bowl.

LOL

That's obvious.. wake up.

What in God's name are you talking about? Did you even watch the post game interview with Moss? He was completely gracious towards the Giants. Even said they couldn't match their intensity. Gave them all the props in the world. Seriously, think before you post, and even then, pause, maybe you'll forget what you wanted to say and then not say anything:hihi: PS, I'm just giving you a hard time, don't take it seriously.

some people take every oppurtunity to slam certain people. it is a game and they do not want to play in it, the reason does not matter. this is same game that most of us say does not matter because some of the people picked do not deserve to go and the same game we say we hope our players do not play in because of risk of injury and the game means nothing. now since we don't like certain players or teams, the probowl is somehow the most respected honored game in the world.

browsed a few more threads and they are just like this one, can't wait for season to start.

Last edited:
Well, I don't completely agree about commitments, but I concede your point. That said, you haven't addressed the issue regarding other players who've skipped out on the Pro Bowl for no cause. I just think if Moss is going to be drug into this, then you have to hold everyone to the same standard...if you do, I have no issue with your stance. Also, it's been pointed out already but Brett Favre has skipped 5 straight Pro Bowls and again this year he has a mysterious "ankle injury" despite not being listed on the injury report, and not getting hurt in the NFCCG.

I agree with you there...again, I have no problem with Moss skipping the Pro Bowl. He's not alone in dropping out for no reason, that's for sure. But his timing is questionable, assuming he was not injured in yesterday's game. Considering the way he's conducted himself this season I don't think there's any "sore loser" reasoning behind skipping out, but he's got to be prepared to be questioned on it moreso than if he dropped out last week. JMO.

I don't blame Brady or Moss....after what happened to Drew last year. I wish the NFL would do away with the game, IMHO.

I don't blame Brady or Moss....after what happened to Drew last year. I wish the NFL would do away with the game, IMHO.

+infinity

BTW, Moss does have a legal situation brewing as well. Maybe, just maybe, he'll turn his attention towards that. All of this Patriots bashing is getting truly outta hand. Yes, I was glad to see the G-men win, sort of, but this Patriot flavored Hatorade is is killing me. No one called for Wade Phillips head when he claimed the the better team lost in round one. That's classless. What about that THUG Tight End for the G-Men chugging beers in a suite en leiu of being on the field with his "teamates".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom