Tom Brady and Randy Moss Quit Pro Bowl (1 Viewer)

Horrible excuse.

To say thats a horrible excuse is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Thats a great excuse. But hey, anything to bag on Moss right?

The difference is that Moss is not injured (other than his ego.)

Who says you have to be injured to skip the Pro Bowl? You don't. People just conveniently have injuries now and use that excuse to make it more PC.

Lance Briggs skipped the Pro Bowl last year with a "lingering hip injury," which was a contract year excuse as the entire media noted.

Tom Brady skipped the Pro Bowl in 2004 to play in the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am. Where were the haters then? It's that no one hated Tom Brady (at least not then) and thus no one made a big deal out of it. People just hate Moss, it's as simple as that.

These players owe nothing to the NFL in terms of playing a meaningless game at the Pro Bowl. If they wan't too, that's great. But with the money and injury concern (see R.E. above) many don't risk it.

Don't let your hatred of Moss blind your judgment.

I guess you all forgot Moss' classless act the end of the game last night too right.

At least Belicheck shook Coughlins hand. Moss hit the locker room without congratulating one guy.

If they win the Super Bowl, MOSS goes to the pro bowl.

LOL

That's obvious.. wake up.

Didn't Drew Brees say that he was going to turn down a Pro Bowl invite this year if he wound up getting in as an alternate?

At least Belicheck shook Coughlins hand. Moss hit the locker room without congratulating one guy.

Unless I had a really good freind playing for the Giants, I would have probably went straight to the locker room also. It was his first and possibly last chance at a Superbowl (depending if he gets resigned).

This is why the Pro Bowl should be played the week after the conference championship games. The Super Bowl participants hardly ever want to go. They just played the longest season of anyone in the league. Let them take a must deserved break. Let them be named to the Pro Bowl but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt their feelings not to play.

what was the name of the running back (patriots i think, over 10 years ago maybe?) who tore his knee up at the probowl?

it wasn't even in the game, if i remember correctly, it was in a beach volleyball game

Robert Edwards on the beach

UFC, you yourself pointed out that this happens all the time.

Turley turned it down because he had already made a commitment to be on a float in a New Orleans parade.

If you're hating on Moss, then I assume your hatred of Turley is just as high, and if so I applaud you. But the point is, skipping a Pro Bowl whether it's for a parade, or injury, or golf happens all the time.

Tomlinson and Romo might be doing it as well. :shrug:

That's the rumor coming out of Pebble Beach. So says The Monterey (Calif.) Herald, which reports that the buzz is that Romo, Tom Brady and LaDainian Tomlinson could play in the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/romo_skipping_pro_bowl_to_play_golf.html

Having a Pro Bowl game, at all, should really be addressed. Too many original starter and backup selections opt out so you have a game filled with third and fourth level players. The selection process is a joke, no NFC south players and nine Cowboys = popularity > performance. A deserving player, like Colston, didn't even make it as an alternative when he ranked well enough to be in the original selections. The check doesn't mean anything because of the huge salaries. A trip to Hawaii doesn't mean what it used to, due to salaries. Great chance for injury. Many first timers play full out while many repeat participants ratchet back their play. And on and on.

Can't see piling on Brady and Moss for this.

Favre to skip Pro Bowl

No reason given for QB passing on game

Posted: Jan. 24, 2008

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre pulled out of the Pro Bowl Thursday.

No reason was given for Favre skipping the Feb. 10 exhibition game in Honolulu.

Favre was voted in as a starter by the fans. He received the most votes (1,140,863); New England quarterback Tom Brady was second (1,037,608).

Either Dallas quarterback Tony Romo or Seattle's Matt Hasselbeck will start for the NFC. Tampa Bay's Jeff Garcia was chosen to replace Favre on the NFC roster.

Favre last played in the all-star game in 1996 and has now backed out five times since then.

The pro bowl means nothing. When Favre dropped out, and Garcia got picked over Brees, it didn't bother me at all. I hope no one gets hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom