Tom Brady Class Act - Drew's son catches TD pass from Brady (1 Viewer)

It's amazing how easy it is to smile after 3 picks knowing you have a 9-figure net worth.
He honestly has bigger and better things to look forward to with his business ventures that don't require sacrificing his body. He probably came to terms with this season being his last a long time ago before the season started.

He honestly has bigger and better things to look forward to with his business ventures that don't require sacrificing his body. He probably came to terms with this season being his last a long time ago before the season started.

That's playing into exactly what I was getting at. It's irritating to see someone not be remotely as bothered by that loss as the average fan was.

What a great guy—after the loss next weekend, I bet he might even say “sorry” after shoving down one of Rodgers’ freezing love children on the way to the bus

And you would rather he ... ?

Not really sure but it just makes it seem like the game wasn't nearly as huge a deal to him as it was to us and that he may have already had some degree of emotional and/or mental detachment from it. I get that it might be for self preservation since it's understandably hard to let go of something you've done for 25-30 years of your life but you'd hope that this game would've been something he was consumed with since obviously every playoff game in the NFL is an elimination game unlike the other three major sports.

Not really sure but it just makes it seem like the game wasn't nearly as huge a deal to him as it was to us and that he may have already had some degree of emotional and/or mental detachment from it. I get that it might be for self preservation since it's understandably hard to let go of something you've done for 25-30 years of your life but you'd hope that this game would've been something he was consumed with since obviously every playoff game in the NFL is an elimination game unlike the other three major sports.
I just think it's funny how people are speculating that Brady would have stormed off like a petulant child if he had lost, then they're upset that Brees isn't sulking in a corner somewhere.

That's playing into exactly what I was getting at. It's irritating to see someone not be remotely as bothered by that loss as the average fan was.
Players have real lives, as real
people. Fans are real people living vicariously thru other real people, that happen to be tremendous athletes. At the end of the day, do you give one flying turd, about what any of your favorite players, or team is doing, when you are in need of a private family time/moment? Drew and his family were in their private family time/moment there. He has no obligation to feel sorry for your feelings, or any other fan towards him at that time. He gave all of us Saints fans his best and his worst, just like many other Saints players have done and will continue to do. It is over. He knows it, we as fans know it. Move on and put it in the past. Get back to your real life, just as Drew will.

Dude - 4 turnovers.
A 4 turnover differential.
The Saints would have lost to Nichols State giving them 4 extra possessions, and robbing themselves of points.
The SAINTS got him to his 14th championship game.
Not Tampa Bay, and not Tom Brady.
21 points from the turnovers. Also, they created the turnovers. The saints were playing against them, they won the game as much as we lost the game. Brady earned his 14th championship game.

I think there’s something to be said for the respect that Brady gave Brees. Two guys that have given their absolute all. Brady doesn’t do that for other guys. It’s a very mutual respect. At some point, we all have to ride into the sunset in our given careers, this was a pretty special moment

There’s an irony in the fact that Brady was lined up to replace Drew this season and Drew stayed because he didn’t want Brady taking his team to a Super Bowl

I understand that this is going to sound like an awful thing to compare it to, however....

I'm going to assume that at some point in your life you've lost someone close to you and have attended a wake and/or funeral.

At those services, I'm sure you came across various people you hadn't seen in a while and spoke to them, and maybe even smiled and briefly laughed. In doing so, that doesn't mean you were being disrespectful to whomever had passed, or that you were any less sad over their passing.

Drew was out there with his kids......and talking to a guest (Brady). What type of example would it set if he had a bitter/angry expression on his face?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom