Tom Brady Class Act - Drew's son catches TD pass from Brady (1 Viewer)

I understand that this is going to sound like an awful thing to compare it to, however....

I'm going to assume that at some point in your life you've lost someone close to you and have attended a wake and/or funeral.

At those services, I'm sure you came across various people you hadn't seen in a while and spoke to them, and maybe even smiled and briefly laughed. In doing so, that doesn't mean you were being disrespectful to whomever had passed, or that you were any less sad over their passing.

Drew was out there with his kids......and talking to a guest (Brady). What type of example would it set if he had a bitter/angry expression on his face?

Fair enough. Maybe some part of me is annoyed that these pampered millionaires literally don't care about this stuff as much as we do yet they make in a week what we make in multiple years. I don't begrudge them for making good money. I just wish that money could somehow give them a more legit emotional investment in their results.

Fair enough. Maybe some part of me is annoyed that these pampered millionaires literally don't care about this stuff as much as we do yet they make in a week what we make in multiple years. I don't begrudge them for making good money. I just wish that money could somehow give them a more legit emotional investment in their results.

I doubt he slept a wink last night. Probably going over every remotely negative play that occurred.

Brees’ competitiveness checked out after 2018. He was hoping he could ride a good team to a cheap championship and it didn’t work out. *shrug* oh well - head to the booth.

Our problem as fans was buying into this fool’s gold team. Never again!

IMO I don’t see it as a class act as much as a photo op. The classy thing to do would be to notice that the Brees family was having a moment of closure on the field and leave them to it, not insert himself into it and make the story about Brady.

IMO I don’t see it as a class act as much as a photo op. The classy thing to do would be to notice that the Brees family was having a moment of closure on the field and leave them to it, not insert himself into it and make the story about Brady.
I thought I saw Brady tell Brees that he would catch him later while they were meeting right after the game ended?

I thought I saw Brady tell Brees that he would catch him later while they were meeting right after the game ended?
TBH, I didn’t watch the end of the game, so if that is what was said and Brees was expecting Brady to meet him on the field after the game then ok. All I know is that it went from a few local stories last night about Brees and his family enjoying potentially a final moment in the dome, to a bunch of national stories focusing on Brady throwing a TD to Brees kid. Just seems like one final attempt to steal Brees thunder. Might not have been intended that way, but it’s just my opinion as I stated at the beginning. Guess it’s no big deal either way.

That's playing into exactly what I was getting at. It's irritating to see someone not be remotely as bothered by that loss as the average fan was.

C'mon man...if you don't think Drew wasn't bothered how this all went down, you haven't been paying attention since 2006.

Emanuel Sanders said in an interview last week that Drew is so competitive that won't talk to him for a few hours after loosing at ping pong. Drew rehabbed 11 rib fractures and a collapsed lung in just 5wks to get back and make a run at what he knew at the time is his last season. He gave it his all, and not only ended up coming short...did it in a way that put 3 turnovers squarely on his shoulders. His last pass in the NFL was an interception that put him watching on the sidelines powerless as his biggest competitor closed out the game.

I can't imagine how devastated he felt at that moment....and how he'll feel in the coming days as it all sinks in.

Brees’ competitiveness checked out after 2018. He was hoping he could ride a good team to a cheap championship and it didn’t work out. *shrug* oh well - head to the booth.

Our problem as fans was buying into this fool’s gold team. Never again!
Just curious...have you ever tried to do anything that you used to be able to do quite efficiently that you no longer could? I guess it depends on how old you are.

But what I’m trying to say is that Brees’ competitiveness should never be questioned. His physical ability to compete at the highest level is what should have been questioned. Drew didn’t sell anyone a bad bill of goods. He wanted to go out on his own terms by winning a Super Bowl for himself and the city. It didn’t work out.

Sean Payton wasn’t duped by a halfhearted Drew. He knew there would be limitations to what Drew could do and he tried to put an offense and defense around him to make that happen. In the end, Drew’s limitations are what cost the Saints that game but it wasn’t because he was unable or unwilling to compete.

Sometimes the heart and mind are willing and the body just fails us.

I guarantee you there is nothing “oh well” about Drew’s decision. He has financial security and a lovely family whom he’s probably more than happy to spend some more time with.

He’s had his throwing arm basically ripped off internally, a badly injured thumb, broken ribs and a collapsed lung. If he’s ready to hang it up, it not an “oh well” situation. Dammit he’s earned whatever he wants to do.

There are a lot of things I’ll remember about Brees once he’s done. The wins, the fire, the unconditional love he showered onto a battered and broken city.... but one moment will stand out to me....

Against the Niners, Drew had a massive human land on him, crushing his rib cage and collapsing his lung. In what I can only imagine was excruciating pain and with difficulty breathing, Drew came in for a 2 minute drill and led the team down the field for a TD.

If that isn’t competitiveness, then I don’t know what the hell is.

We will never see anything like him again in the black and gold. He is the end of an era.

Dude - 4 turnovers.
A 4 turnover differential.
The Saints would have lost to Nichols State giving them 4 extra possessions, and robbing themselves of points.
The SAINTS got him to his 14th championship game.
Not Tampa Bay, and not Tom Brady.
lol stop crying, Brady and the bucs played better than us, they forced us into turnovers and did their jobs by taking advantage. Give credit where it’s due. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom