Tom Brady Class Act - Drew's son catches TD pass from Brady (1 Viewer)

Fair enough. Maybe some part of me is annoyed that these pampered millionaires literally don't care about this stuff as much as we do yet they make in a week what we make in multiple years. I don't begrudge them for making good money. I just wish that money could somehow give them a more legit emotional investment in their results.
I get what you're getting at. I don't see it in this case. Towards the end of that game you could see the look on Drew's face that he let everyone down and you could tell he definitely was holding back tears.

I do know what you mean though. I've seen it with my Bulls when they'd be getting their butts whipped and you see players on the bench joking around and smiling while they're losing by 20. I found that to be so annoying like they didn't care, they're making millions.

Drew smiling afterwards with his family and a close friend is not that case. He showed that disappointed emotion you wanted to see after his final INT.

Not the end any of us expected for sure.

Drew smiling afterwards with his family and a close friend is not that case. He showed that disappointed emotion you wanted to see after his final INT.

I think it shows what a spectacular sportsman Drew is. A competitor doesnā€™t hate his competition - a competitor knows how to keep the game separated from life. Itā€™s why he can share a moment with the player who bested him and express gratitude and grace that they were together on that stage and both men are still standing and still respect one another.

Drew has a beautiful family and what stood out to me in that moment was with everything that he must be feeling and going through - his kids were running wild and enjoying possibly one last moment of the Super Dome turf likely oblivious to the weight of that encounter between their father and the legendary Tom Brady. Itā€™s a reminder of how life goes on.

As a sort of aside - I remember when the Saints lost on the Minneapolis Miracle. I was really bummed and frustrated as a fan. I was sitting outside by the fire pit and my, then 5 year old son (who cares nothing about football) hugged me and said he was ā€œsorry the Saints lostā€. We sat silently for a few moments and then he said ā€œcan we make sā€™mores?!?ā€ It really just reset my brain and made me appreciate how sometimes peace and clarity can come in unexpected ways.

Fair enough. Maybe some part of me is annoyed that these pampered millionaires literally don't care about this stuff as much as we do yet they make in a week what we make in multiple years. I don't begrudge them for making good money. I just wish that money could somehow give them a more legit emotional investment in their results.
Brees aside, because I absolutely think he's one of the people this will bother for awhile (but he has the fortitude of a politician and can grin and bear it like none other).

But I used to feel like you did too. It made no sense how they could smile, and joke after losses. Give press conferences. It's why I never faulted Cam Newton for his pouty post-game comments. You don't want to be diplomatic and perky after a defeat.

One of the things I realized is that money or not, a lot of people don't care too much about their impact on others.

I think about the coworkers who half-arse their assignments, making your job harder. Shoddy customer service departments of every single company you call. People driving carelessly, seemingly unafraid of killing you. Neighbors who have loud parties into the night.

If THOSE exact people made millions of dollars, would they somehow become better at understanding how their actions impact others? Nope.

Anyway, the fact that most athletes appear unbothered after losses, has helped me feel the same way. It's some kind of mechanism where my brain will not let me feel worse than the person it happened to.

Another thing I realized is that money can sometimes soften the blow of disappointments. On days where I make 4 figures trading, I don't hear or see anything negative lol. I can find the silver lining or bright side of EVERYTHING when I'm in the black.

The fact that we can lose and can watch and can enjoy it what makes us special. This illustrates how leadership flows from the top down. You wonā€™t see Jamis out there.

This was very nice to see.

Drew & Tom are real people and real friends.

Life goes on people...

Why canā€™t some of yall let Drew go?(emotionally)

His time is over.

I never hated Brady. Arguably the best QB ever. You don't luck into 6 SBs and now 14 championship games. Dude came to the NFC and got to the NFCCG at 43 in one year. Maybe even the Super Bowl. I applaud greatness.

Plus he broke the hearts of Panthers and Falcons fans for us in the Super Bowl.

Never hated him personally, only all the annoying media people/ridiculous fans of him. This was a nice gesture to see at least

And yes, he ultimately gets a pass in my book from playing Lombardi-keep-away from teams we hated like the Rams (2x), Carolina, Falcons, Seahawks, etc

There is another video of this from a different angle and much more clear. I couldn't help but laugh at one of the comments:

youtube.jpg

I love that Tom Brady took his time to talk to Drew and his wife and also threw a pass to one of Brees' kids. Two all time greats having some finals words at the end of the season for one of them. Tom probably knows this might be Brees' last game as well. But love what he did regardless.

Sign that boy to a futures contract, stat!

I never hated Tom as a person. he seems decent enough. and now I hope he loses miserably next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom