N/S Tom Brady to miss two pre-season games (1 Viewer)

This is a total none thing in my opinion. Literally won’t make a difference to him not playing in 2 meaningless preseason games nor will it affect their season imo.
Firstly Brady is a total competitor so the idea of him stepping away from even preseason reps is outside of his character.
Secondly, Brady was retired and came back out of retirement so he could be back on the fence.
Lastly, I'm sure the thought of playing behind an entirely new interior OL is not lost on him and his inability to escape inside pressure.
Time away gives the other QBs valuable practice reps and maybe sets the stage for him announcing his retirement, again.

Or it could be nothing at all...

Firstly Brady is a total competitor so the idea of him stepping away from even preseason reps is outside of his character.
Secondly, Brady was retired and came back out of retirement so he could be back on the fence.
Lastly, I'm sure the thought of playing behind an entirely new interior OL is not lost on him and his inability to escape inside pressure.
Time away gives the other QBs valuable practice reps and maybe sets the stage for him announcing his retirement, again.

Or it could be nothing at all...
I still stick with the “nothing at all” option.

Yes Brady is a competitor and he’s probably got Week 1 of the regular season on his mind, not 2 non competitive pre season games. He isn’t the one #1 QB who won’t be lining up for the first preseason game. I think people are reaching here. Got nothing to do with “retirement in my opinion” but yeah, why risk yourself getting hurt behind an O-Line which has lost a few players for the sake of a meaningless game? He’s come back from retirement and is 45 years old, heck, I’d probably do the same. Just my two cents.

Brady did stuff like this in his last few years with the Pats. He's probably one of the few, if only, guys in the NFL who has not only the clout to do this, but the ability to do so without missing a beat.

As far as it being about rethinking retirement b/c of the O-Line, Bowles made clear in his presser today that it was something discussed, and agreed to, before camp even began. Which is unsuprising since Brady's in Tampa right now but his family is in NY at the moment and hasn't moved back there to join him, and won't until season begins. And lets not forget, Brady has won Super Bowls with rookie centers. Moreover, he missed the first four games of the 2016-2017 season b/c of the deflate gate suspension...and the Pats went 14-2, coming back from a 28-3 deficit to beat Atlanta is a sorta famous football game that season.

I'm pretty sure missing a couple pre-season games that he frankly wasn't going to play much in anyway will be fine.

Yeah I don’t think anyone cares if he plays those preseason games or not. The main thing is this is not normal. Is it personal, is everyone ok at home etc? As much as I want us to destroy Tampa, especially Brady, I hope everything is ok.

When their coach was pretty much pleading the 5th, and mentioned that he hopes that Brady will start week 1, you wonder what is actually going on!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom