N/S Tom Brady to miss two pre-season games (1 Viewer)

Probably doesn't want to be around the Dolphins for some reason.....hmmmm, lol.
Thats what I was thinking, too. He probably wants to avoid the obvious media questions and to be done with any controversy before the start of the season.

One conspiracy theory I saw bouncing around the 'net was that Brady retired so he could openly cycle his performance enhancer of choice to get a healing and strength maintenance boost before having to drop back down to safe masking levels for the new season.
That sounds totally plausible. Brady came up in the Patriots system of gaining an edge by any means possible. It was systemic cheating. They were caught red handed several times but there's no telling how much they got away with.

The Patriots were always bringing in veteran players who looked like their best football was behind them. Then all of the sudden they were quality players again well into their 30s. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were juiced to the gills. I'm sure Belichick was more than happy to look away.

And so now we have Brady still playing at 45 years old. And not just playing but playing some of his best football ever. That just doesn't seem possible. All the great QBs we've seen and they were all washed around 40 years old. But Brady is still balling at 45 because of TB12. Give me a break. Like he's the first QB to ever exercise.

That sounds totally plausible. Brady came up in the Patriots system of gaining an edge by any means possible. It was systemic cheating. They were caught red handed several times but there's no telling how much they got away with.

The Patriots were always bringing in veteran players who looked like their best football was behind them. Then all of the sudden they were quality players again well into their 30s. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were juiced to the gills. I'm sure Belichick was more than happy to look away.

And so now we have Brady still playing at 45 years old. And not just playing but playing some of his best football ever. That just doesn't seem possible. All the great QBs we've seen and they were all washed around 40 years old. But Brady is still balling at 45 because of TB12. Give me a break. Like he's the first QB to ever exercise.

Not just football. Look at ANY physical sport. ANY. Name a SINGLE player, man or woman, who was in their prime in their FORTIES. Baseball, basketball, soccer, swimming, gymnastics, skiing, snowboarding, track and field... FIND ONE ATHLETE who was better in their forties than their twenties. You can't. It is literally impossible.

Brady's not a genetic freak, he's on PEDs.

Not just football. Look at ANY physical sport. ANY. Name a SINGLE player, man or woman, who was in their prime in their FORTIES. Baseball, basketball, soccer, swimming, gymnastics, skiing, snowboarding, track and field... FIND ONE ATHLETE who was better in their forties than their twenties. You can't. It is literally impossible.

I smell Lance Armstrong all over Brady, and his clean eating/living BS. He went to the well to often.

There's alot of talk about his wife being P'Oed at him for all of this there's also a bunch of ppl who know him and saying how they're all surprised he wasn't P'Oed and didn't get on forenett for coming in over weight but I mean it's all gossip so who knows 🤷

Could you imagine IF he has been on PEDs and IF he was caught? It would probably be the biggest cheating scandal in the history of sports in the USA. I have no idea if he's been juiced up, but pretty much nobody in sports history has been better in his early 40's than he was in his late 20's that I can think of. He did finally lose the baby fat.

I smell Lance Armstrong all over Brady, and his clean eating/living BS. He went to the well to often.

Want even more insanity? Brady is FIFTEEN years older than Armstrong was when the doping accusations began for Armstrong. Armstrong's doping allegations began when he was 28, a far cry from Brady's 43 in 2020, 44 in 2021, and 45 in 2022. However because the NFL isn't a global league, the NFL are the only ones controlling over whether or not Brady's ever outed... and he won't be. He is their chosen one.

Firstly Brady is a total competitor so the idea of him stepping away from even preseason reps is outside of his character.
Secondly, Brady was retired and came back out of retirement so he could be back on the fence.
Lastly, I'm sure the thought of playing behind an entirely new interior OL is not lost on him and his inability to escape inside pressure.
Time away gives the other QBs valuable practice reps and maybe sets the stage for him announcing his retirement, again.

Or it could be nothing at all...

Yeah totally agree. It could be nothing but these upcoming pre-season games will give him time to gel with the new O-lineman, also Tampa is facing a tough first quarter Cowboys, Saints, Packers, Chiefs.

If Brady retires again, the cheapest street price for the Bucs game in the dome goes from $200 to $20, just like it was before Brady showed up. They have twice the fans if the Falcons, double digit. They need a small bus for all of them.
I know Bucs fans that are only fans because of Brady. If he retires, they lose a lot of fans.

Even with his 11 day break thats still 5 weeks . 2 prior to the break and 3 from when he gets back till opening day. If anyone can take 11 days off I would say it would be TB12 . Plus as someone who reads all our division rivals fan websites, they said his last practice before he left against the dolphins he took the majority of the reps and him and Julio looked like Moss and Brady back in 07. So I know it was probably written by some Buccaneer fan but it makes me think they'll be alright.

One conspiracy theory I saw bouncing around the 'net was that Brady retired so he could openly cycle his performance enhancer of choice to get a healing and strength maintenance boost before having to drop back down to safe masking levels for the new season.
Not calling you wrong, but what would be different about this offseason than the last several? New testing guidelines?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom