Tom Brady was almost a Saint (1 Viewer)

REBELMAX

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Brees had decided to retire. Riussell Wilson let him start the Pro Bowl , he brought his kids so they could meet players that they hadn’t met before etc. everyone knows that. Multiple sources in the building said he was retiring including one that is close to Brees.

Sean Peyton got a call from Bill Parcells asking if Drew retires if there was interest in Brady to play “a couple of years” and there was a meeting around the time of the Super Bowl.

Brady and team brass had a deal in place to bring Tom Brady to New Orleans. Brees had at this point worked out a deal to go to the broadcasting booth

When Drew was told that Brady was coming to NOLA he did an about face and said he wasn’t done yet.

Brady decides to go to Tampa and here we are.

It got this far ... Brady called a player to ask / confirm some things he thought about the team etc.

I’m sure it will be part of a 30 for 30 one day but this is 10000% real.

actually makes sense If you think about it.

I would think that would have rustled Drew’s jimmies to have Brady step into his job.

it’s an interesting story, if true. I know Brady respects Payton a lot, so maybe there is some truth to it.

there is no doubt that Drew essentially “retired” at the pro bowl. Some Saints players have confirmed.

Why would Brady coming to the NOLA have any influence on making Brees return, if you're retiring why does it matter?? Maybe Tom was just doing his diligence just in case, because Drew was 50/50 either way and working with Sean Payton would have been ideal since Brady knew he was leaving NE.

I would think that would have rustled Drew’s jimmies to have Brady step into his job.

it’s an interesting story, if true. I know Brady respects Payton a lot, so maybe there is some truth to it.

there is no doubt that Drew essentially “retired” at the pro bowl. Some Saints players have confirmed.

I hear ya. Take it for what it’s worth. I got this from the most credible place imaginable. I started thinking about it later and it made some sense as crazy as it sounded . Made me wonder if that’s why Brady chose Tampa ... lol.

I just do not know how I would feel about that. Of course if Brees had left I would want the best QB available and TB12 would most definitely had been that, but at the same time, idk if I'd want Brady to break Brees' record just a year or 2 after he retired while wearing B&G. Idk I guess Lombardis would make everything just fine, but it's wonky to think about.

Why would Brady coming to the NOLA have any influence on making Brees return, if you're retiring why does it matter?? Maybe Tom was just doing his diligence just in case, because Drew was 50/50 either way and working with Sean Payton would have been ideal since Brady knew he was leaving NE.
BECAUSE... If Brady plays past Brees a couple of seasons he will pass Drew in some of the records, not to mention that he would do it as a Saint. I think that Brees was betting that Tom would retire

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom