Tom Bradys stats against team with a good defensive front line (1 Viewer)

Still waiting to hear what Tom does better than Drew. In the meantime, I looked up opinions for greatest LB of all time. Of the four lists I looked at, the consensus was Lawrence Taylor. But Charles Haley is the LB with the most rings. I'm sure that would be the case for a lot of positions. Seems like rings = GOAT only applies to QBs.

You are either intentionally ignoring or outright dismissing the Brady GOAT argument. It is NOT JUST THE RINGS, it is his performance that played a huge role in getting those rings that makes him the GOAT....

And that comment about listening to the "so-called" experts is total BS. I don't pay attention to any of those fools (except real analysts like the Baldinger types which are few and far between). Just look at the numbers, they are overwhelming, I just don't see how anyone can deny that....but you certainly have a right to your opinion

C’mon, Brady has six rings. You can’t fluke that. He has consistently performed in the post-season when it counts. In fact he’s probably been a more reliable performer in playoff games than Drew.

Saints fans are great advocates for Drew who, all told, is probably marginally underrated because of how poor some of our defences have been.

But relying on TB12s output in a few games as a 43 year-old as evidence that he’s not the best of all-time? That’s a bit of a stretch.

Sorry, but in SB LI (vs. the Falclowns), James White... NOT Brady should have been named MVP. Brady threw a pick-6, and that miraculous catch by Edelman kept a critical drive going.

Until this season, Brady had a MINIMUM of 4 wins each season (4-2 record) vs. his AFC East rivals. Most seasons, it was 5-1 or 6-0. Huge advantage!

Top all of that off with his having a top-15 defense most seasons; several being top-10. I know a certain QB (*cough, cough*) who would have had many rings had he had a top-15 defense for most seasons.

Is Tom Brady:

* Great QB? Without a doubt
* 1st ballot HOF? Absolutely
* G.O.A.T.? Debatable.

JMO

:gosaints:

Last edited:
You are either intentionally ignoring or outright dismissing the Brady GOAT argument. It is NOT JUST THE RINGS, it is his performance that played a huge role in getting those rings that makes him the GOAT....

And that comment about listening to the "so-called" experts is total BS. I don't pay attention to any of those fools (except real analysts like the Baldinger types which are few and far between). Just look at the numbers, they are overwhelming, I just don't see how anyone can deny that....but you certainly have a right to your opinion
I'm challenging the Brady GOAT argument. I'm saying it's flawed and doesn't have any support beyond team accomplishments like wins and SB appearances. I'm also saying there's a double standard when it comes to applying the GOAT moniker: one for QBs and another one for everyone else.

I'm challenging the Brady GOAT argument. I'm saying it's flawed and doesn't have any support beyond team accomplishments like wins and SB appearances. I'm also saying there's a double standard when it comes to applying the GOAT moniker: one for QBs and another one for everyone else.

You have a right to your opinion but IMO think very few people other than Drew Brees delusional worshippers would argue he was the GOAT over Brady at this point in time.

I'm certainly a Brees worshipper but I'm not delusional or in denial of the numbers and facts.

Brady is probably a jerk, and there is a reason that a lot of folks can't stand him or the Patriots, I get it...but to deny he is the GOAT? The record and numbers say otherwise....

C’mon, Brady has six rings. You can’t fluke that. He has consistently performed in the post-season when it counts. In fact he’s probably been a more reliable performer in playoff games than Drew.

Saints fans are great advocates for Drew who, all told, is probably marginally underrated because of how poor some of our defences have been.

But relying on TB12s output in a few games as a 43 year-old as evidence that he’s not the best of all-time? That’s a bit of a stretch.
Not a stretch at all.

Brady was a good QB in what was historically the WORST division in football. That's a bunch of wins that the cheatriots may not have had if they'd been in a competitive division.

More shots at the brass ring will yield more brass rings.

So I'm guessing, by some people's metrics, that you would have Montana and bradshaw as 2A and 2B (each won 4)
Rings are so overrated. In fact, I'd be willing to say that defense is MORE important than offense when it comes to down to advancing through theplayoffs and winning it all.

Meanwhile, belicheat took down the ravens with Scam newton...

Wonder if the talking heads will EVER start to realize that brady never was the GOAT. Yeah, he's got a bunch of rings, but trent dilfer had a ring too... He just was in a favorable position for a very long time.

Don't get me wrong: Brady is a great QB, but best ever?

Nah.
I would take the following QBs over Brady:
1. Brees
2. Montana
3. Young, Steve
4. Marino
5. Elway
6. Manning all three
7. Mahomes
8. Rodgers
9. Moon
10. Kelly
11. Unitus
12. Tarkenton
13. I'm sure there are others

Last edited:
You have a right to your opinion but IMO think very few people other than Drew Brees delusional worshippers would argue he was the GOAT over Brady at this point in time.

I'm certainly a Brees worshipper but I'm not delusional or in denial of the numbers and facts.

Brady is probably a jerk, and there is a reason that a lot of folks can't stand him or the Patriots, I get it...but to deny he is the GOAT? The record and numbers say otherwise....
I have no qualms with being considered a delusional Drew Brees worshipper. None. But don't try and use my mental state to avoid backing up your proclamations.

You keep referencing numbers, but what numbers? What individual numbers are you using as a metric to say Brady is the greatest ever? Just list them in bullet form.

Man-to-man, QB-to-QB, what aspects of Tom's Brady game makes him better than Drew Brees or anyone else whoever took the field as an NFL QB?

Team accomplishments with an easy division

Playoff passing per game averages:
Drew: 67.0%; 2.13 TD; 0.75 INT; 310.4 yards; 99.6 rating
Brady: 63.0%; 1.78 TD; 0.85 INT; 277.8 yards; 89.8 rating

As for consistency (Playoff passer rating):
Drew: High 117.0; Low 81.9
Brady: High 109.4; Low 49.1

Last edited:
LOL, the same logic being used against Brady with regards to Belicheat, could just as easily be used against Brees with regards to Payton. Honestly, for better or worse, we cannot take the coach out of the picture to judge just the player. It's similar to saying that an elite RB is trash with 5 rookies on the o-line. You have to look at these things from the perspective of the team, always. Brady was the unequivocal leader on a team that won SIX super bowls. You can't argue against that. Drew Brees body of work (statistically) very well may be better. He doesn't have the rings though, Brady does. Same reason Belicheat will always be looked upon as a better coach than Payton. In my rose colored glasses, sure I think Drew/Payton are the best to ever do it. If I'm being rational though, Brady/Belicheat are the GOAT, and there is little argument that can be made against that.

LOL, the same logic being used against Brady with regards to Belicheat, could just as easily be used against Brees with regards to Payton. Honestly, for better or worse, we cannot take the coach out of the picture to judge just the player. It's similar to saying that an elite RB is trash with 5 rookies on the o-line. You have to look at these things from the perspective of the team, always. Brady was the unequivocal leader on a team that won SIX super bowls. You can't argue against that. Drew Brees body of work (statistically) very well may be better. He doesn't have the rings though, Brady does. Same reason Belicheat will always be looked upon as a better coach than Payton. In my rose colored glasses, sure I think Drew/Payton are the best to ever do it. If I'm being rational though, Brady/Belicheat are the GOAT, and there is little argument that can be made against that.

That's the logic you use, not the logic used against him. The actual argument is all the luxuries he had around him that propelled him to those rings.

- Yearly Top 10 defense. Averaged about the top 5 over his tenure. That's most likely the best defense in the league over that span.

- The worst division in football over his tenure. Guaranteed playoff spot and 6 easy games to help get a bye.

All rolled into the only argument for Brady as goat, team accomplishments.

I'll answer my own damn question. There is nothing else to prop Brady up but those rings. Take away the Patriots rings and it's crickets.

I'll answer my own damn question. There is nothing else to prop Brady up but those rings. Take away the Patriots rings and it's crickets.
He's the Derek Jeter of football. Plenty of team-generated rings, but that one player seems to get the lion's share of the credit. Both guys are HOFers, to be sure, but winning rings isn't the only method for judging individual careers. For instance, would anyone actually argue Eli Manning, a multi-time SB champion, was a better QB than Dan Marino or Dan Fouts or Fran Tarkenton?

He's the Derek Jeter of football. Plenty of team-generated rings, but that one player seems to get the lion's share of the credit. Both guys are HOFers, to be sure, but winning rings isn't the only method for judging individual careers. For instance, would anyone actually argue Eli Manning, a multi-time SB champion, was a better QB than Dan Marino or Dan Fouts or Fran Tarkenton?
I can't say that I've ever heard that argument. So I guess the rings = GOAT argument isn't applied evenly to QBs across the board. It's employed whenever they need to prop up Tom Brady.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom