Tom Bradys stats against team with a good defensive front line (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In four games against teams that can apply consistent front line pressure Brady is now 0-4. His offensive numbers are terrible.

AVG PASSER RTG is 65. He has thrown 5 TD passes and 7 INTS. He has also only thrown for 918 yards with a completion % of 59 in those games

Last edited:
Meanwhile, belicheat took down the ravens with Scam newton...

Wonder if the talking heads will EVER start to realize that brady never was the GOAT. Yeah, he's got a bunch of rings, but trent dilfer had a ring too... He just was in a favorable position for a very long time.

Don't get me wrong: Brady is a great QB, but best ever?

Nah.

In four games against teams that can apply consistent front line pressure Brady is now 0-4. His offensive numbers are terrible.

AVG PASSER RTG is 65. He has thrown 5 TD passes and 7 INTS. He has also only thrown for 918 yards with a completion % of 59 in those games
Welcome to the NFC! (East excluded) :)

I think it just proves, once again, that the coach-QB relationship matters as much or more than any other factor. You can have a great coach or a great QB and just be above average. But if you have the right great coach and the right great QB, you can dominate. How those two work and fit together is key.

Meanwhile, belicheat took down the ravens with Scam newton...

Wonder if the talking heads will EVER start to realize that brady never was the GOAT. Yeah, he's got a bunch of rings, but trent dilfer had a ring too... He just was in a favorable position for a very long time.

Don't get me wrong: Brady is a great QB, but best ever?

Nah.

C’mon, Brady has six rings. You can’t fluke that. He has consistently performed in the post-season when it counts. In fact he’s probably been a more reliable performer in playoff games than Drew.

Saints fans are great advocates for Drew who, all told, is probably marginally underrated because of how poor some of our defences have been.

But relying on TB12s output in a few games as a 43 year-old as evidence that he’s not the best of all-time? That’s a bit of a stretch.

C’mon, Brady has six rings. You can’t fluke that. He has consistently performed in the post-season when it counts. In fact he’s probably been a more reliable performer in playoff games than Drew.

Saints fans are great advocates for Drew who, all told, is probably marginally underrated because of how poor some of our defences have been.

But relying on TB12s output in a few games as a 43 year-old as evidence that he’s not the best of all-time? That’s a bit of a stretch.
Well, he’s not. Because Drew is. Because I have eyes.

Well, he’s not. Because Drew is. Because I have eyes.

I’m not sure that your subjective opinion will be sufficient to displace Brady’s objective records when it comes to determining these things. Face it, when lists are compiled of the greatest QBs ever, Brady will stand alone. I don’t like him personally but he’s the closest thing to the NFL’s version of Michael Jordan (and nobody would argue with a straight face that because he had a few lackluster years with the Wizards - by his own standards - that he’s not the GOAT).

Last edited:

He played in the AFC East that’s all you need to know. With poor competition the team was healthy and could make runs. So I poo poo your premise

Been down this path already this year....

DB = GOAT and its not even close....

Tommy's rings are a combination of his TEAM, his Coach, his ridiculously easy path to the playoffs and yes.. the fact that he is a great QB... As Cam Jordan said probably the 2nd best QB of all time...

If you took any time at all to analyze those "rings" you would find the fallacy of this argument. To your credit the talking heads are just as lazy.... but but but rings.....

Yes you CAN fluke rings when the other team throws an inexplicable INT (Seattle)

Yes you CAN fluke rings when you stink up the joint for 3 quarters and have the other team falconize and hand you a SB

I am not going on any further but I have detailed his flukes in threads earlier this year

Brady as goat = fraudulent lazy thinking

DB = GOAT and its not even close

If we agree that SB wins (and wins in general) are team wins and that Drew and Tom are individuals, what evidence is there that Tom Brady is a superior QB to Drew Brees? What does Tom do better than Drew? What sets him apart, far enough apart to be considered the GOAT? Is he more athletic, smarter, more accurate? Is he more surgical in his throws, more elusive? Pass for more yards, moves better in the pocket. WHAT?

Rings are just awards that your organization wins. Having the most of them does not equal greatest of all time.

George Solti has the most grammys. More than Quincy Jones, Aretha Franklin and Bruce Springsteen. So when's the last time someone argued that George was the GOAT.

Welcome to the NFC! (East excluded) :)
If he were smart enough, or had good advisors, he would have gone to a team in the NFC East. He probably could have led any of those teams to a couple more wins and won that division easily. This would have fit in well with the media’s love fest with the NFC East and Brady.

But Tom got too cocky, and flew too close to the sun when he decided to join a real division.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom