Tom Bradys stats against team with a good defensive front line (1 Viewer)

If you took any time at all to analyze those "rings" you would find the fallacy of this argument. To your credit the talking heads are just as lazy.... but but but rings.....

Yes you CAN fluke rings when the other team throws an inexplicable INT (Seattle)

Yes you CAN fluke rings when you stink up the joint for 3 quarters and have the other team falconize and hand you a SB

I am not going on any further but I have detailed his flukes in threads earlier this year

Brady as goat = fraudulent lazy thinking

DB = GOAT and its not even close

The Seattle one wasn't a fluke, Pete tried to outsmart BB and it didn't work. And Atlanta losing wasn't a fluke, they've established an identity of choking away victories. If teams were able to fluke rings then we'd have more teams with multiple rings.

people on bucs forum complaining that brady looked old and scared last night, jittery from d pressure (go lambs)

didn't watch the game, can anyone corroborate?
From what I saw he did look slow and scared. But what has stood out most to me when I have watched Brady play is that he just misses a lot of passes. Seems like he has guys open but overthrows them or just misses them. He tried to get a screen pass to Fournette last night and the commentators said that Fournette dropped another one. But it was not a good pass and I didn’t think it was Fournette’s fault.
I think the pressure really throws Brady off. Something he probably was not used to seeing playing in the consistently worst division in football.

He played in the AFC East that’s all you need to know. With poor competition the team was healthy and could make runs. So I poo poo your premise

If you took any time at all to analyze those "rings" you would find the fallacy of this argument. To your credit the talking heads are just as lazy.... but but but rings.....

Yes you CAN fluke rings when the other team throws an inexplicable INT (Seattle)

Yes you CAN fluke rings when you stink up the joint for 3 quarters and have the other team falconize and hand you a SB

I am not going on any further but I have detailed his flukes in threads earlier this year

Brady as goat = fraudulent lazy thinking

DB = GOAT and its not even close

Interesting premise. Did you know that (putting 2001 to one side, due to it being prior to the divisional realignment), the lowest combined win total of the other three AFC East teams in a regular season where Brady and the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl was 17 in 2018?

That’s the only season where the AFC East had fewer combined wins than the Falcons, Panthers and Bucs had in 2009 when the Saints won the Super Bowl.

In 2003, 2004, 2014 and 2016, the AFC East teams recorded 22, 23, 21 and 22 wins respectively. All of which point to a stronger division than when the Saints won the Super Bowl.

The NFC South teams only registered 19 combined wins in each of the 2018 and 2019 regular seasons, and we bombed out against the Rams in the NFCCG and then the Vikings in the Wild Card round after Drew was notably ineffectual against both.

Going back even further, when we had that incredible offence in 2011, our divisional rivals only managed 20 combined wins.

So either the AFC East isn’t as bad as everybody thinks, or both the Saints and the Patriots have played in weak divisions in circumstances where they have repeatedly been able to capitalize where we haven’t.

As such, someone might be making “lazy” or “fraudulent” arguments, but I don’t think it’s me.

Last edited:
The Seattle one wasn't a fluke, Pete tried to outsmart BB and it didn't work. And Atlanta losing wasn't a fluke, they've established an identity of choking away victories. If teams were able to fluke rings then we'd have more teams with multiple rings.
I think you miss the point. Tommy is given all the credit for the rings.. Seattle was a fluke. Atlanta was a fluke... If you want to credit Tommy for the mistakes of the other teams I can't help you...

I think you miss the point. Tommy is given all the credit for the rings.. Seattle was a fluke. Atlanta was a fluke... If you want to credit Tommy for the mistakes of the other teams I can't help you...

It's a team game so the team gets credit but you're trying to take ALL credit away from him. If you think they would've won 6 Super Bowls with Matt Ryan over Tom Brady then I can't help you either.

Interesting premise. Did you know that (putting 2001 to one side, due to it being prior to the divisional realignment), the lowest combined win total of the other three AFC East teams in a regular season where Brady and the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl was 17 in 2018?

That’s the only season where the AFC East had fewer combined wins than the Falcons, Panthers and Bucs had in 2009 when the Saints won the Super Bowl.

In 2003, 2004, 2014 and 2016, the AFC East teams recorded 22, 23, 21 and 22 wins respectively. All of which point to a stronger division than when the Saints won the Super Bowl.

The NFC South teams only registered 19 combined wins in each of the 2018 and 2019 regular seasons, and we bombed out against the Rams in the NFCCG and then the Vikings in the Wild Card round after Drew was notably ineffectual against both.

Going back even further, when we had that incredible offence in 2011, our divisional rivals only managed 20 combined wins.

So either the AFC East isn’t as bad as everybody thinks, or both the Saints and the Patriots have played in weak divisions in circumstances where they have repeatedly been able to capitalize where we haven’t.

As such, someone might be making “lazy” or “fraudulent” arguments, but I don’t think it’s me.
Well Let's see. How many times during Tommy's tenure have the AFC East.. sans Patriots.. went to a SB? Umm that would be none... During that same time frame each of the NFC South teams have been to a SB. Now let's talk playoffs

1. The Bills formerly possessed the longest active playoff drought in any of the four major professional sports in North America: they did not qualify to play in the NFL playoffs from 1999 until 2017 and were the last NFL team - 2 playoff games since 2000

2. The Jets? C'mon I'm not even going to look it up

3. Miami - Since 2000 - 5 playoff games

NFC South?

1. Carolina - 14 playoff games since 2000 - 1 SB

2. The Failed Ones - 9 playoff games since 2000 - 1 SB

3. Tampa - 7 playoff games - 1 SB

Are you REALLY going to contend that tommy didn't have a much easier path.. cmon man

Amongst quarterbacks, Brady is the all-time leader for playoff wins with 30 (Montana is second with 16). His playoff winning percentage is just shy of 75% which is an insane number when you consider he has started in 41 playoff games.

In terms of raw numbers, he is practically double the next best QB when it comes to the categories of post-season passing yards, TD passes and completions. And he’s put up those numbers playing home playoff games outdoors at Foxborough in January.

The idea that a player just so happens upon a record like that over a 20-year career due to nothing more than a series of helpful coincidences is patently absurd.

I love Drew. No athlete has given me more pure enjoyment than he has. Indeed, given the timing of his arrival, there’s probably a persuasive argument that he’s the most important and influential sportsperson to represent the city of New Orleans in its 300+ year history. But making things up about how he is unquestionably better than Brady, six rings and all, is silly.

This is more of a tell on the bucs o-line than it is in Brady. He’s 43 and being harassed, of course there will be bad throws. Same goes for brees and every other web in the nfl. At this point in there careers Brady has the better arm than brees, breees is much safer with the ball though. Stop arguing over who’s the “goat” and enjoy football.

It's a team game so the team gets credit but you're trying to take ALL credit away from him. If you think they would've won 6 Super Bowls with Matt Ryan over Tom Brady then I can't help you either.
Interesting choice of comparatives... No Matty Poop would not have won 6. But we are talking GOAT contenders. Yes I DO believe DB would have won 6 in that environment. Yes I DO think Brett Favre would have. Yes I DO believe Aaron Rogers would have... I'll stop there but there are probably others.... So to annoint tommy based on rings is lazy analysis

Amongst quarterbacks, Brady is the all-time leader for playoff wins with 30 (Montana is second with 16). His playoff winning percentage is just shy of 75% which is an insane number when you consider he has started in 41 playoff games.

In terms of raw numbers, he is practically double the next best QB when it comes to the categories of post-season passing yards, TD passes and completions. And he’s put up those numbers playing home playoff games outdoors at Foxborough in January.

The idea that a player just so happens upon a record like that over a 20-year career due to nothing more than a series of helpful coincidences is patently absurd.

I love Drew. No athlete has given me more pure enjoyment than he has. Indeed, given the timing of his arrival, there’s probably a persuasive argument that he’s the most important and influential sportsperson to represent the city of New Orleans in its 300+ year history. But making things up about how he is unquestionably better than Brady, six rings and all, is silly.
Your hyperbole is showing. No one is contending tommy is not a great QB. But you really should stop listening to Sports Center to form your opinions

Your hyperbole is showing. No one is contending tommy is not a great QB. But you really should stop listening to Sports Center to form your opinions

Listening to SportsCenter?

I am just supplying objective stats. It is quite literally the opposite of hyperbole.

The Rams are a sneaky good team... really good. They have a very good defense, with great DBs, and a D-line that has Aaron Donald.

Goff gets the ball to Bobby Trees and Kupp... and they have 2 underrated TEs that can gash defenses. They have a solid but unspectacular RB group, and Malcolm Brown is a powerful runner, while Cam Akers has elite potential.

They will be a tough out if their key players stay healthy and they click in the playoffs.

Really, the NFC West is very good top-to-bottom.

Consider the laundry list of big injuries the Whiners have... and then them getting a 1st rounder in the top half of the 1st round next April. Aiyuk looks like the real deal, and Deebo Samuel and Kittle will both be back.
The Rams are solid and still very dangerous
The Cardinals are an ascending young team
The Seahawks will remain dangerous as long as they have Wilson.

Not going to say I called it before the season started but, yeah, I called it before the season started.

I was honestly shocked he went to TB, average to below average offensive line and Arians - a failed head coach that even all of Peter King's hackful praise could not save him in AZ.

Been down this path already this year....

DB = GOAT and its not even close....

Tommy's rings are a combination of his TEAM, his Coach, his ridiculously easy path to the playoffs and yes.. the fact that he is a great QB... As Cam Jordan said probably the 2nd best QB of all time...

But, that said, he was already in decline before he left NE. The dude is 43 years old, he has played and won SB's after most QB's would have been retired.

I'm no fan of Brady but what you fail to recognize or honestly acknowledge is his performance in those SB's

6-3 record
19 TDs to 5 Int's

In his last SB, the loss to Philly he set a record for passing yards (505) in the SB and had 3 TD's.

I mean I love Drew Brees and were the roles reversed? But they aren't and anyone who thinks Brees would ever be considered the GOAT over Brady right now is delusional. Brees has one SB appearance....one...not his fault but life isn't always fair....

Well Let's see. How many times during Tommy's tenure have the AFC East.. sans Patriots.. went to a SB? Umm that would be none... During that same time frame each of the NFC South teams have been to a SB. Now let's talk playoffs

1. The Bills formerly possessed the longest active playoff drought in any of the four major professional sports in North America: they did not qualify to play in the NFL playoffs from 1999 until 2017 and were the last NFL team - 2 playoff games since 2000

2. The Jets? C'mon I'm not even going to look it up

3. Miami - Since 2000 - 5 playoff games

NFC South?

1. Carolina - 14 playoff games since 2000 - 1 SB

2. The Failed Ones - 9 playoff games since 2000 - 1 SB

3. Tampa - 7 playoff games - 1 SB

Are you REALLY going to contend that tommy didn't have a much easier path.. cmon man

In a league that has a playoff format whereby the four divisional winners in each conference automatically qualify, in addition to the next two best-performed non-divisional winners in the same conference, the above analysis is a poor metric by which to gauge the strength of the rest of the AFC East when compared to the cumulative regular season W/L record of the Patriots’ divisional rivals.

Indeed, it actually proves my point as to how good Brady and Belichick are: while the Saints, Falcons and Panthers have each largely split the winnings since 2003/4, the Patriots have been consistently dominant.

Otherwise, both the AFC East and NFC South have supplied seven Wild Card representatives since the 2003 post-season.

In other words, the strength of the competition doesn’t vary a great deal (and as I’ve shown, the Pats won 4 of 5 post-alignment Super Bowls in a stronger division than the NFC South in 2009). It’s the dominance of Brady and Belichick which is the point of difference.

Also I can’t believe I committed 45 minutes to supporting a coherent argument with objective evidence in response to a (presumably adult male) poster who employs childish nicknames like “Matty Poop”.

Last edited:
Still waiting to hear what Tom does better than Drew. In the meantime, I looked up opinions for greatest LB of all time. Of the four lists I looked at, the consensus was Lawrence Taylor. But Charles Haley is the LB with the most rings. I'm sure that would be the case for a lot of positions. Seems like rings = GOAT only applies to QBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom