Tom Cruise’s Top Ten Non-Action Films (As ranked by imdb) (1 Viewer)

Oh man, some good stuff! I enjoyed that movie more than I should have, :hihi:.

It’s my all time favorite movie, if you couldn’t tell.. i actually remembered all of the lines i quoted off the top of my head verbatim, but couldn’t remember every word of the final Avery line i quoted so had to look that one up.

I love his acting in the scientology awards shows.

Oh, wait....

I find it pretty easy to separate the artist from the art.

But i have to say that almost everything i‘ve seen Cruise in for the last 15 years or so has been crap.. not sure if there’s a connection to the fact that in that time he’s gotten more engrained into $cientology, or if it’s just a coincidence.

But i have to say that almost everything i‘ve seen Cruise in for the last 15 years or so has been crap.. not sure if there’s a connection to the fact that in that time he’s gotten more engrained into $cientology, or if it’s just a coincidence.

Oh I dunno, I still like his recent movies. More specifically, the Mission Impossible movies.

The signing with Bob Sugar bit was awesome.

Agreed.

i think the best actors are the ones that nail it without even having to say a word.. for anyone who hasn’t seen Jerry Maguire in a while, next time look at that scene again; the look in his eyes when he thinks his client has betrayed him and signed with Sugar says it all.. The camera moves close up on him,, and it’s just palpable disgust and fear.. and when he does try to talk, he cant even get the words ’Bob Sugar’ out of his mouth , like the words taste bad or something.. i agree it’s an awesome piece of cinema; the only other moment Cruise has that’s even similar is in Born on the Fourth of July when he’s paralyzed in a chair, and he’s waiting at the train station for his old flame Kyra Sedgwick.. finally she gets off the train, he sees her, she’s looking around but cant find him- then she looks down and sees him in the wheelchair .. just an absolutely CRUSHING moment.

I can, too, and I generally like Tom Cruise's work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom