Tom Cruise’s Top Ten Non-Action Films (As ranked by imdb) (1 Viewer)

Jerry Maguire is a bottom 3 film of all time sooo

I read the post, then before i glanced over to see who posted it, i thought ‘It has to be antipop’.... True story.

Your predictable anti-Jerry Maguire stance hasn’t changed in over a decade, at least you are consistent in your questionable taste.

If taps is there then last samurai could be a "non action movie". I enjoy that film a lot.

If taps is there then last samurai could be a "non action movie". I enjoy that film a lot.

I remember going to see Last Samurai back when it came out.. . and maybe i was just in a bad mood when i went to see it, I’m not sure- but it didn’t speak to me at all, and i didnt get it.. i know a lot of people who really liked it though.

Looks like we wont be able to add the movie that Cruise wants to shoot on the international space station to this list after all.. although i guess this would be technically an ‘action’ movie so not included in this thread anyway.

Bad news, Tom Cruise: Shooting that SpaceX movie is going to be almost impossible
Tom Cruise might be a master of action movie stunts, but shooting a blockbuster in space could be his hardest mission yet.

I like all of those movies. I think Top Gun should be included. Not really an action movie, IMO. (It's my all time favorite movie from when I was a kid so I am biased, obviously.)
it is definitely a comedy

You didnt even read the list.

They specifically mention his running in Vanilla Sky, which is ranked at #8.

Vanilla Sky is one of those movies i saw in the theater , around the same time as Minority Report, niether of which I’ve ever watched again, but would like to.

I really enjoyed Minority Report. Just the whole concept of something that can predict near term events and prevent crime fascinates me. Having a system like that would radically change our approach to law enforcement.

But it illustrates well how well meaning ideas can be turned on its head.

I haven't seen Vanilla Sky yet though. Will have to check it out.

I think I've see every other Tom Cruise film. Always been a fan of his acting. He does a great job on the big screen.

My favorite movie is a tough call, but i gotta go with A Few Good Men. His confrontation with Nicholson and his drunk rant when he found out his star witness offed himself were classics. So much about that movie was excellent.

Jerry Maguire is a bottom 3 film of all time sooo

Lol...nah. I actually liked the movie. But I like corny sheet sometimes. You complete me...show me the money...good funny stuff. It was cheesy, and a good movie. Sue me. :hihi:

My favorite movie is a tough call, but i gotta go with A Few Good Men. His confrontation with Nicholson and his drunk rant when he found out his star witness offed himself were classics. So much about that movie was excellent.

And timeless.

i remember reading an article around the time that AFGM came out where Rob Reiner said he intentionally wanted to create the film to where it would be relatable in any time period.. and it’s true, if you look at it today , the cars he used, the clothes the characters wear, almost nothing about it screams ‘1992!’ Like 99% of the movies released around that time.. Hell, even Rain Man , while it still holds up and is an awesome movie, looks kinda dated and has a lot of 1980s styling cues.

And timeless.

i remember reading an article around the time that AFGM came out where Rob Reiner said he intentionally wanted to create the film to where it would be relatable in any time period.. and it’s true, if you look at it today , the cars he used, the clothes the characters wear, almost nothing about it screams ‘1992!’ Like 99% of the movies released around that time.. Hell, even Rain Man , while it still holds up and is an awesome movie, looks kinda dated and has a lot of 1980s styling cues.

Well, Rain Man felt dated when it came out, lol. But yeah, the sports cars at the beginning was a big tell and the scene in Vegas. But the rest of the movie, especially the long trip in the classic car made it feel like something from the 60s or 70s.

Lol...nah. I actually liked the movie. But I like corny sheet sometimes. You complete me...show me the money...good funny stuff. It was cheesy, and a good movie. Sue me. :hihi:

The ones you mentioned re the best known quotes, but in my opinion there are dozens of eminently more quotable lines in JM... Some of my favorites:

”I had two slices of bad pizza, went to bed and grew a CONSCIENCE!”

“What was our agreement Jerry? Brutal. Honesty.

I think *you* added the ’brutal’...“

“No one has ever broken up withe me before!

I’m not trying to make history here... “

“You ever get that feeling where your not embarrassed yet, but you glimpse *tomorrow’s* embarrassment?

I may not sue!”

”You want this jacket I’m wearing? because i dont need It anymore.. because i am CLOAKED in FAILURE!”

”You didnt sign with Bob Sugar, did you? Tell me you didnt sign.. Tell me you didnt sign because I’m still sort of moved by your ‘My word is stronger than oak’ thing...”

”If you ever want me to be with another woman for you, I'd do it. It's not something I'm interested in. Once, yeah, it seemed normal, but it was just a phase, a college thing, like torn Levi's or law school for you.

Ya know, i dont think we have to do the thing where we tell each other EVERYTHING...”

So many great moments.

Last edited:
The ones you mentioned re the best known quotes, but in my opinion there are dozens of eminently more quotable lines in JM... Some of my favorites:

”I had two slices of bad pizza, went to bed and grew a CONSCIENCE!”

“What was our agreement Jerry? Brutal. Honesty.

I think *you* added the ’brutal’...“

“No one has ever broken up withe me before!

I’m not trying to make history here... “

“You ever get that feeling where your not embarrassed yet, but you glimpse *tomorrow’s* embarrassment?

I might not sue!”

”You want this jacket I’m wearing? because i dont need It anymore.. because i am CLOAKED in FAILURE!”

”You didnt sign with Bob Sugar, did you? Tell me you didnt sign.. Tell me you didnt sign because I’m still sort of moved by your ‘My word is stronger than oak’ thing...”

So many great moments.

Oh man, some good stuff! I enjoyed that movie more than I should have, :hihi:.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom