Tom Delay on the Election results.... (1 Viewer)

Sandman

Kind of Messed Up
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was driving into work today listening to the news radio when they had a quick quote from Delay about the election. Paraphrasing....

"With the Republicans out of power, it will make it very difficult to get certain agendas passed...such as comprehensive tax reform."

Give me a freaking break. One of the reasons I voted for Republicans in recent elections was to get comprehensive tax reform. For six years they had control of the House, the Senate, and the White House. Yet, they never once tried to reform the tax code.

Hey Tom, if y'all would have done that while y'all had ALL OF THE POWER, the Republicans might still be in control of the House and Senate.

The talking point will fly now. Republicans can now claim they were going to build Utopia over the next two years and it's all the Dems fault that didn't happen. Of course Dems will do nothing and blame it all on Bush.

I thought the same thing SBTB. Same ole song and dance. Neither party really wants to achieve anything. They just want to be in power.

the last group to do anything in Congress was the class of 94. they had ideas and passed about 7 of them, if my memory is correct. Since then it's been about power, that's why this change took place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom