Tom Hayes and George Henshaw gone from coaching staff (1 Viewer)

Rumor is they were fired.

What did they coach? Hopefully some kind of defense.....lol

Hayes was DB (YESS)

Henshaw RB (Lets get someone who can teach Reggie)

If I'm not mistaken

Maybe Gibbs is next.

(Doubt It)

Last edited:
I don't want to sound pessimistic but isn't this just like having a rotting foundation on your house but your "fix" is a new coat of paint. Gibbs' read and react Defense is the problem. Good teams are aggressive on Defense. They are dictating what they'll let the Offense do. They do not wait to see what the Offense is going to do. Didn't the Superbowl teach the staff anything? Firing the DB's and RB's coach is a start but doesn't go quite far enough.......

every time we blitz, everyone gets blocked. I remember one time when the saints blitzed two lb'ers and a safety. we still couldn't get to the qb.

let's get better players and see what gibbs can do

I don't want to sound pessimistic but isn't this just like having a rotting foundation on your house but your "fix" is a new coat of paint. Gibbs' read and react Defense is the problem. Good teams are aggressive on Defense. They are dictating what they'll let the Offense do. They do not wait to see what the Offense is going to do. Didn't the Superbowl teach the staff anything? Firing the DB's and RB's coach is a start but doesn't go quite far enough.......

If memory serves ?
I believe these two were fired quite a while ago , also I remember reading somewhere in 2006 ( consensus ) that Rick Venturi's defense ( under Haslett ) appeared read and react , where Gibbs' was clearly more aggressive .

I disagree. How many times did McKenzie gesture "I don't know" to the sidelines in the last two years?
If the secondary wasn't getting their play in, it could explain a great deal of what is wrong.

Shanle and Simoneau... The two worst starting LBs in the entire NFL, and they both played on our defense. Neither is an effective blitzer, neither can cover worth a dang, neither are run stuffers, and at least one of the two can't out-run an OT.

Add to that a 5'8" CB playing Cover 2 in a man scheme, and a FS that bites on play-action EVERY TIME, and you've got the makings of a really bad defense... I don't care who the position coaches are.

Shanle and Simoneau... The two worst starting LBs in the entire NFL, and they both played on our defense. Neither is an effective blitzer, neither can cover worth a dang, neither are run stuffers, and at least one of the two can't out-run an OT.

Add to that a 5'8" CB playing Cover 2 in a man scheme, and a FS that bites on play-action EVERY TIME, and you've got the makings of a really bad defense... I don't care who the position coaches are.

NOT "THE SHANLE"...lol

who was the guy rumored (on this board) that was a runningback coach that may of been coming to NO? with Henshaw possibly out, that "rumor" could rein true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom