tomcat problems any advice (1 Viewer)

You probably just needed C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ in your PATH environment variable.. The system would have found the msrvc71.dll file that way..

You probably just needed C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ in your PATH environment variable.. The system would have found the msrvc71.dll file that way..

Yeah I thought the same thing but it is in my class path and it did not work. Dont know why but I am sure it is something I do not have set up right some where. either way it works now so I am not going to mess with it to much

Thanks for the help

T

Yeah I thought the same thing but it is in my class path and it did not work. Dont know why but I am sure it is something I do not have set up right some where. either way it works now so I am not going to mess with it to much

Thanks for the help

T

The CLASSPATH and PATH variables are two separate things.. The CLASSPATH variable tells the JVM where it can find Java compiled .class or .jar files.. The PATH variable tells the system where it can find executables and/or libraries.. So I think your system was having problems with the PATH variable not having the path to the new JVM you installed..

The CLASSPATH and PATH variables are two separate things.. The CLASSPATH variable tells the JVM where it can find Java compiled .class or .jar files.. The PATH variable tells the system where it can find executables and/or libraries.. So I think your system was having problems with the PATH variable not having the path to the new JVM you installed..

and also, the preferred way, cause if jvm gets patched, the file you copied into your tomcat won't get fixed.

wasn't going to say anything after the last reply with it working... but really it needs to be in your path, and not in the tomcat directory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom