Tommie Harris (1 Viewer)

LSUFan

Very Banned
Reaction score
I think we should try to trade for this guy, he is unhappy with Chicago just turned down a huge contract..I think he wants freeny money and we could definitely give him that. The guy is a BEAST!!! i'm thinking we could give Chicago our 2nd round this year or next year for him!

I think we should try to trade for this guy, he is unhappy with Chicago just turned down a huge contract..I think he wants freeny money and we could definitely give him that. The guy is a BEAST!!! i'm thinking we could give Chicago our 2nd round this year or next year for him!

You got a link to this story?

I doubt he's "unhappy" in Chi-town... the bears probably low-balled him. If they (or whoever) don't pay him more money than Tommy Kelly then he'll be "unhappy" with whatever team he goes to.

Bears aren't getting rid of him. If they were even entertaining a trade I'm sure a first rounder would be the starting asking price.

No panic, but Bears-Harris talks break off

Agent leaves with potential record pact on table, though deal remains priority

April 10, 2008
if (SITELIFE_ENABLED == true){ gSiteLife.Recommend("ExternalResource", "887390,CST-SPT-bear10", "http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/887390,CST-SPT-bear10.article"); }//if true Recommend

BY BRAD BIGGS bbiggs@suntimes.com
There were no fireworks when contract talks between Drew Rosenhaus and the Bears broke off Wednesday.
Just because they didn't reach a new deal for defensive tackle Tommie Harris doesn't mean it's not a possibility, as well as a priority for the Bears. It just might take some time. Extensions for players under contract are always a delicate issue.
Rosenhaus, who was expected to leave town Wednesday evening with his brother Jason after a two-day visit, declined to comment.
When Rosenhaus arrived to close a deal for linebacker Lance Briggs in 2006, things got messy after talks broke off. Briggs boycotted what was left of the voluntary offseason program, and the rhetoric and posturing that came with the franchise tag last offseason was uncomfortable for everyone. Harris was adamant Tuesday that he doesn't want a roller-coaster ride on his way to a payday as he enters the final year of his rookie contract.
The Bears are believed to have offered Harris more than the record-setting seven-year, $50.5 million contract Tommy Kelly received from the Oakland Raiders earlier this offseason. But how the money was structured in the offer is unknown, and Harris is justified in asking to be the highest-paid defensive tackle in the league. For now at least, he's expected to continue participating in the conditioning program that began Monday.
Writing contracts for players before they reach the open market is a challenge. They want the riches of free agency, but it's impossible to define a market value without being free to shop for a deal. The team doesn't believe it should have to pay the premium that goes with free agency with a year remaining on a contract. The possibility of the franchise tag is another factor.
General manager Jerry Angelo's priority this offseason was to invest in his own players, and Harris is as big a part of that plan as Briggs was. The Bears need to dedicate their draft to a future on offense and must sign Harris to ensure his future as a cornerstone of the defense.
Harris said playing in Chicago is important to him, but after being selected to three Pro Bowls in four seasons, his goal is to be paid among the elite in the game.

ok maybe not unhappy, but it could get ugly if he doesnt get freeny type money

I'd give up next years first or this year's second for him. He is a BEAST. I like him better than Ellis......That is of course if his leg is 100%. Even then tho i'd trade our 2nd for him.

Tommie Harris IS a game changer. (ditto the above Ellis statement).

For what its worth .....Urlacher is holding out (old news?) for the same reasons.

Heck, if my team retained Grossman as my QB, I'd be ****** too.

Harris isn't going anywhere. They will franchise him if they don't get a deal done. I honestly think they will get a deal done now thought because his price will only go up after the next DT gets paid in the upcoming offseason.

Wouldn't it be nice to turn down $50 million? Of course, it could turn out like Latrell Sprewell.

I don't want anybody with drew rosenhaus as their agent on this team...jeremy shockey included (speculation on my part, but i'm bettin i'm right)

I don't want anybody with drew rosenhaus as their agent on this team...jeremy shockey included (speculation on my part, but i'm bettin i'm right)

Well ya got Dan Morgan.

And you are correct, Tommie Harris and Jeremy Shockey are both Drew Rosenhaus clients. I would love to have both of them on the team.

So is Lance Briggs, who most on here wanted in Free Agency.

Mike McKenzie's agent is Rosenhaus as well

straight up? how bout shakin, not stirred? you are not dealin with a full deck, eh? will plus 2nd rounder....maybe, better yet, grant plus 2nd......sorry, not a fan of charles......like the youth in will....and he applies constant pressure,....just doesn't quite get there all the time! *tippin the cocktail to ya*

Couldn't get Harris for a second rounder, maybe not even just one first. He's in the top two DT's in the league ( Kevin Williams)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom