Tommy Lewis (1 Viewer)

With him listed as returner behind Murphy he might be our "make something happen" returner.

I'm very interested to see who will be playing on Sunday out of this group and the RB group.

spot on I can see him being inactive week one and then activated some time after that on game day depending on #2,3 that you mentioned
Yep, or of course for #4: injuries. I have no doubt he'll get some solid playing time at some point this season

I think he's too much of a big play waitin to happen to be inactive. I could be wrong of course I just wouldn't understand leaving that potential sitting on the bench

I wonder if there are a few plays with him linedup in the backfield. I wouldn't mind seeing us use him like the Seahawks use to use Percy Harvin.

I see no reason why Lewis wouldnt be active on gameday considering we have 6 tailbacks who i dont think will all be active on gamedays especially since Cadet is a KR/PR and we have Spiller who will be active that can return kicks and Lewis who will be active that can also return kicks and punts...Cadet maybe more so the one inactive.

Tommylee will get his snaps. We'll probably have 4 WR's active, depending on how the RB's are used. That's a lot of WR's, and some will get nicked.

I like his hands, speed, elusiveness, ability to get open, and to break tackles. I don't see him doing sweeps in the NFL. He is plenty fast enough to be a WR, but not Cooks, Bush, or Henderson fast.

Tommylee will get his snaps. We'll probably have 4 WR's active, depending on how the RB's are used. That's a lot of WR's, and some will get nicked.

I like his hands, speed, elusiveness, ability to get open, and to break tackles. I don't see him doing sweeps in the NFL. He is plenty fast enough to be a WR, but not Cooks, Bush, or Henderson fast.

I think we can get a mis-match with him on a LB, if we line him up out of the backfield.

What will be more interesting is if we used him as a decoy out of the backfield.

We did that with Reggie his first year, and it worked out pretty well.

I think we can get a mis-match with him on a LB, if we line him up out of the backfield.

What will be more interesting is if we used him as a decoy out of the backfield.

We did that with Reggie his first year, and it worked out pretty well.

The only thing is, guys like Reggie Bush and Percy Harvin are all around 6' and 200 pounds. TLL is like 5'7 and 170. Not sure he has the physicality necessary to take it out of the backfield. An end-around though, with a 4 wide set against a defense with an extra DB on the field......shoooooot he's taking it 70 yards

I agree with Rdanderson and a few others. I think he's shown a little too much potential to be inactive. Like Snead, he's got that "lightning in a bottle" type play. If I'm game planning, which I realize I'm not, I'm finding ways to get this guy the ball. I hope we don't put him inactive. Right now, I'd rather see him over Coleman.

This. We were most effective as an offense when we had Devery, who could take the top off the defense. Looks like he could fit that role.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He'd be way more beneficial to this offense than Coleman unless he grows up relatively in a miracle time frame

Someone has to be inactive. It's going to be him or Murphy.

I only see Tommylee playing if Murphy or Cooks get hurt, because he's similar to them. TLL only runs a 4.48, so he's much slower than Henderson and Cooks. TLL is a quick and elusive player with very good hands, but he's not going to blow the top off of a defense. All of the catches he's made have been short. He earned a spot, but Coleman is nearly as fast and a much easier target, so he's more useful, and I think he'll be active until he stinks it up. Frankly, I think TLL's roster spot is tenuous.

Edit: I could see a possibility of using TLL if we play a team with mostly big CBs that don't cover small and quick receivers as well. So match ups could dictate inactives, although I don't recall Payton mixing things up like that in the past.

I only see Tommylee playing if Murphy or Cooks get hurt, because he's similar to them. TLL only runs a 4.48, so he's much slower than Henderson and Cooks. TLL is a quick and elusive player with very good hands, but he's not going to blow the top off of a defense. All of the catches he's made have been short. He earned a spot, but Coleman is nearly as fast and a much easier target, so he's more useful, and I think he'll be active until he stinks it up. Frankly, I think TLL's roster spot is tenuous.

Edit: I could see a possibility of using TLL if we play a team with mostly big CBs that don't cover small and quick receivers as well. So match ups could dictate inactives, although I don't recall Payton mixing things up like that in the past.

I guess that'll depend on if they allow Murphy to play on offense.

He's not as fast as Henderson, but he has deep threat ability.

In the last preseason game, he was open for two long passes: One of them he dropped, while he was overthrown on the other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom